Roadgoing Series Production Car for Sprint/Hillclimb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Do bucket seats and harness, if fitted, need to be in date? I know bucket seats and harnesses are not required for the class but if they are used. And do Helmets need to be in date? I know a HANS isn't required event though some cars in the class have a lot more power than some of the cars in other classes which a HANS is required for. Are racing suits required or just optional?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Do bucket seats and harness, if fitted, need to be in date? I know bucket seats and harnesses are not required for the class but if they are used. And do Helmets need to be in date? I know a HANS isn't required event though some cars in the class have a lot more power than some of the cars in other classes which a HANS is required for. Are racing suits required or just optional?

Harness or Seats don't need to be In date.

Not sure about hans.

You will need a suit and helmet in date according to the blue book.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
OP
Liam Shaw
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Hans definately not needed. Sure it wouldnt even work in a car with a normal 3 point seatbelt.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Hans definately not needed. Sure it wouldnt even work in a car with a normal 3 point seatbelt.

I wouldn't even consider doing any motorsport without a proper seat and at least a 4point harness & half cage.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
OP
Liam Shaw
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
They are proper seats and harnesses, there just not in date. The seats are Sparco Sprints V's (out of date after 2013) and the harnesses are 6 point Sabelts (out of date after 2014). Roll cage isn't got yet but I wouldn't do an event with out one either (especially in an MX5 haha).

Reactions: IL

PhilM

RMS Regular
I tried Road going production class end of last year (just dipped my toe in) but it was great fun.

Def recommend

Phil

PhilM

RMS Regular
You doing anything with your wee motor this year?

Just hoping to make some of these sprints for the craic. My motor isn't built for sprints nor is it well suited for them either- fast road (carriageway) doesn't translate to the track in a laggy small cc fwd tin can very well lol

But I think knowing that your just there to compete against yourself makes the day. Though even I got a trophy one day as some of the faster production class machinery wasn't present!

Simon in the 944 Porsche is competitive in the production class and could tell you more (I personally have only been to two events)

Phil

PhilM

RMS Regular
Yes, I can confirm they are a completely relaxing and carnage-free experience.

Just to replace my engine before the next one..:party:

Lol yes @delboy my motors 'sister car' owned and driven by @Jaystar77 did expire last time out but really it was on the cards for a while I think so wouldn't let that put you off! Certainly hasn't deterred Johnboy !

Phil

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Just hoping to make some of these sprints for the craic. My motor isn't built for sprints nor is it well suited for them either- fast road (carriageway) doesn't translate to the track in a laggy small cc fwd tin can very well lol

But I think knowing that your just there to compete against yourself makes the day. Though even I got a trophy one day as some of the faster production class machinery wasn't present!

Simon in the 944 Porsche is competitive in the production class and could tell you more (I personally have only been to two events)

Phil

Be good fun plus gives me an excuse to strip mine and fit cage, seats etc:laughing: Bring yours to kirky at some point this year, I have a few lads bringing their boosted civic's down, should be a good laugh(y)

PhilM

RMS Regular
Be good fun plus gives me an excuse to strip mine and fit cage, seats etc:laughing: Bring yours to kirky at some point this year, I have a few lads bringing their boosted civic's down, should be a good laugh(y)

Would do yeah, though trackdays don't suit me as I'm busy with church on a Sunday, but sure if there is anything on a sat or even if I'm down practicing or whatever I'll def give you a heads up

Phil

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Would do yeah, though trackdays don't suit me as I'm busy with church on a Sunday, but sure if there is anything on a sat or even if I'm down practicing or whatever I'll def give you a heads up

Phil

Ah right fair enough. Wee run in that motor would be good fun!

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
As far as the date on the seat goes I think it's okay - my old Recaro SPG passed scrutineering at the last sprint although he did complain at the state of the cover. Something which I haven't had the time/money to sort just yet.. I've no experience with harnesses (yet).

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
OP
Liam Shaw
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Yea was talking to a scrutineer. Seats and harnesses dont need to be in date this year but suits and helmets do. Hans not required this year but will be next year and assume that Seats and harness will therefore have to be in date. It'll cost atleast £800 to get the stuff next year and I dont think the student loan will cover it this time haha. I'll have to stick to the lanes rallys and maybe try one of these Rallycross Revival series events to see the craic.

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Just watch the non MSA event, if you have an MSA license, I believe it can be revoked if your taking park in non MSA events.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.