Roadgoing Series Production Car for Sprint/Hillclimb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
OP
Liam Shaw
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Plus other than helmet, gloves and suit, no additional safety stuff required. The suit is probably the most expensive item after the car, then the helmet.

Obviously tyres and any other stuff can be changed once up and running so costs can be spread after that. License is £43 per year.

Nearly sure licences aren't required for the road going class

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They call them competition licenses, although techically it isnt really in this case.

Non race National B License, just fill in a form, some details etc pay them £43 and they'll send it out

Competition Licences

PhilM

RMS Regular
Just noticed the next hillclimb is this Saturday - Spamount near castlederg.

Entry form in

Phil

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I'm spannering for a friend who does short circuits, this season most of the hillclimbs I can see clash with race weekends which wouldn't suit at all if it's going to be the same next year

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If they clash this year, good chance they will next year as they do seem to run on similar weekends each year.

Obviously there are lots of motorsport events through the year so some are bound to clash. The sprints held mostly at Nutts Corner or Kirkistown are usually in between hillclimb dates so would be another option, pretty much all same rules etc apply.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
OP
Liam Shaw
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
The sprints at nutts corner would be handy as I live about half a mile from the circuit :p
From what i've heard theres a good chance the sprint on the 4th could be the last sprint at nutts corner for a long time (years). Due to limited noise orders the costs have went up massively due to other clubs and events (namely alltrack/rallysport association) wanting the track and are willing to pay the owners more money. Unfortunately the sprints don't bring in enough money to cover the track hire.

This is however definite but the organisers seemed pretty sure about it at the last event. Pity, Nutts Corner would be the track i like the most

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
The noise complaints are ridiculous,there's a stock car track with 2 events a week for 8 months of the year, nutts corner circuit, the fastest road race in the world, it's plagued by joyriders most nights and has 3 large haulage compaines going 24/7, yet people insist on moving out of the town then complaining about the noise. The locals all support the motorsport events, a lot take part in some way or another.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.