Rotary polisher Advice

Dee85

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Hi guys,

I'm thinking to move from a da polisher to a rotary and this will be mainly used as a hobby. What's people's take on the shinemate EP802, Farecla G Plus and the dojo juice spin doctor V2?

Looking to spend around £100-200.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I would move up to a Rupes 15 DA. It's just so much more effective across a broader spectrum of paintwork than the rotary, with substantially less risk.

You will pull a nicer finish with the rotary on some stuff but the skill level and time isn't even comparable

Dee85

RMS Regular
OP
Dee85
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
I would move up to a Rupes 15 DA. It's just so much more effective across a broader spectrum of paintwork than the rotary, with substantially less risk.

You will pull a nicer finish with the rotary on some stuff but the skill level and time isn't even comparable

Don't think I could afford a rupes at the moment. 😅 Would love one but can't justify getting one with the amount of times I will be using it.

Only reason why I'm trying to get a rotary is because I can't get the shine from a DAS6 Pro after sanding and polishing a 2k clear coat from an aerosol can or maybe I haven't done enough passes. 🤔

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
You should be able to polish out sanding with the da. What pads/compounds are you using?

Microfibre pads are were it’s at with the DA. Really good cut.

Dee85

RMS Regular
OP
Dee85
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Used flexipads microfibre cutting pad with a meguiars 105 to remove the 3000 grit sanding marks then used Poorboy's black hole with a hex pad to polish it back up.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Used flexipads microfibre cutting pad with a meguiars 105 to remove the 3000 grit sanding marks then used Poorboy's black hole with a hex pad to polish it back up.

Isn’t black hole a glaze? It won’t polish anything, you’ll need a lighter compound such as Megs 205.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That's where you are going wrong, I would be cutting back with 105 with the microfibre, then another set with 105 on medium foam then 205 on a finishing foam

Dee85

RMS Regular
OP
Dee85
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
That's where you are going wrong, I would be cutting back with 105 with the microfibre, then another set with 105 on medium foam then 205 on a finishing foam

I wouldn't of thought of using 105 on a microfibre and then on a medium foam pad. Thanks for the tip. I assume 205 would be the similar as meguiars utimate polish or poor boys ssr1?

Dee85

RMS Regular
OP
Dee85
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Isn’t black hole a glaze? It won’t polish anything, you’ll need a lighter compound such as Megs 205.

Seemed to have worked for me so far, lol guess i was going about it the wrong way this whole time. I'll try it out sure and see what results i get. Thanks

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Remember if your using microfibre pads, you really need to brush or blow out the fibres every so often. They Matt down and get clogged. I use a sidekick blower to do it but compressed air is probably best.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Depends what I'm doing but keep 101, 105 and 205. Use alot of Zvizzer compounds, particularly the MC and occasionally Koch Chemie or Menzerna too. Carpro Reflect and Essense depending on the job.

Pad wise, regular Megs cutting microfibres, Zvizzer full foam and wool range plus Rupes Blue, Yellow and Whites.

Megs black finishing pads for really tricky finishing.

I try to have enough of a range to tackle any situation but not too much that it just over complicates things. 70% of the variable is technique usually (machine throw, type, arm and machine speed)

Things like water cutting etc go a long way too on tricky finishes.