RR Day Results

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cormac

RMS Regular
The Results then:- All BHP's @ Engine

1:- Cormac 306 d-t (Cruise-Scene) Standard 92bhp RR @ 129.6bhp Mods:- Tweeked Lucas pump with Garret turbo running 1.6 bar, K&N Filter

2:- Cacs Astra 1.6 (Cruise-Scene) Standard 88bhp RR @92.1bhp Mods:-?

3:- Tubby Mr2 T-Bar (Cruise-Scene) Standard 240bhp RR @239.4bhp Mods:- Standard

4:- Johny Murry Saxo VTR (Jon44w) Standard 90bhp RR @96.5bhp Mods:- Sporty back box

5:- Benny Focus TDCI (Jon44w) Standard 115bhp RR @ 129.3bhp Mods:- Tunning box

6:- No Better Man Serria 2000E (Cruise-Scene) Standard 125bhp RR @107bhp Mods:- Standard Probs:- Going off on a cylinder

7:- Alan 2L 16V Nova (Cruise-Scene)Standard 150Bhp RR @130.6bhp Mods Twin webber carbs Probs:- Could give full fun, engine pinking due to being off on timming and having vacum problem

8:- Johny Robinson Bora TDi Sport (Jon44w) Standard 115bhp RR @105bhp Mods:- Tunning box Probs:- Throwing up a fault code, tuning box not working correctly

9:- Kerzo 306 t-d (RMS) Standard 92bhp RR @92bhp Mods:- Increased fueling

10:- Lenny 26 Golf R32 (RMS) Standard 240bhp RR @233bhp Mods:- Chipped Probs:- Chip needs checked out

11:- Rallycomms 306 Rallye (Cruise-Scene) Standard 167bhp RR @159.3bhp Mods:- Induction kit, de-cat Probs:- a mystery

12:- Brendy 2.0 16v cordoba coupe (RMS) Standard 150bhp RR @153.7bhp Mods:-??? Probs:- None reported

13:- Nivermind Fiesta Zetec (RMS) Standard 75bhp RR @80bhp Mods:- sporty esaust, induction kit, Probs:- Inacturate result tracking badly offline

14:- Dave Ibiza Cupra TDI (Cruise-Scene) Standard 130bhp RR @127.7bhp Mods:- None YET Probs:- None reported

15:- Voolcanezxuiw 306 d-t s (RMS) Standard 92bhp RR@ 113.3bhp Mods:- Tweeked Boosh pump Probs:- Needs more boost

16:- Stevie Celica GT4 (NA) Standard 240bhp RR @165.6bhp Mods:- SS esaust, Probs:- None reported but low figure cause of 60%-40% diff

17:- Christopher CRX 1.6 V-Tec (RMS) Standard 150bhp RR @165.6bhp Mods:- Esaust and filter Probs:- None reported

18:- Jay Henry Astra GTE (NA) Standard 155bhp RR @153.7bhp Mods:-?? Probs:- None reported

Biggest power gain from standard and the winner of the bottle of vodka is me with an increase of 37.6BHP on standard :grinning:

Many thanks for everyones support of the event and we hope to do it all again soon!

Pics to come 2morra!!

Cormac

brendy

RMS Regular
just to add my engine is in dire need of a remap because of the non standard head and cams, the gearbox is also only a temp measure until i get my original repaired.
mad early detonation was the technical term i was given! roll on the next RR day hopefully all will be sorted including them damn screwdriver scrapes.
btw did anyone see where triple seven workshop went for a while, i lost it in the sunny haze!!
306cerv1.gif

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
yea i need to get the tackin fixed and the ind kit replaced at some point,

apart form that the engine i thnk is stayin the way it is untill i can afford to get a bigger one

Carnut44

RMS Regular
was talking to volcane blah blah watever is user name is he is well impressed by his results yet things he cud do better

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
Do u and Nivermind share a car?? Im slightly confused??

Paddy:- Garret turbo, not sure wat model,, running nearly peak boost!

Cormac

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
yea were brothers, prob should have made that clear, I was the one drivin the fez on the day :grinning:

well its mostly niverminds as I work down in Galway now :grinning:

volcanezxuiw

Yes its my car in the photo!! She smokes like that under load (4thgear at 20mph) and floor it, there's not as big a cloud when the car is moving. Though it clears when the turbo comes on, must get my turbo done as at the minute its over fuelling and under boosting, 130bhp+ shortly watch this space!! More boost less smoke!

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
volcanezxuiw said:
More boost less smoke!

I doubt that, mine is running as much safe boost as u can and is as smooky as urs, but as u say it clears wen ur giving he sum welly!

Ive a Kent cam on the way for mine so expecting 145bhp nxt time!

Cormac

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
paddymcc said:
Cormac, do you know what car it came off? Does she smoke a lot?

The cam u mean?? Its for a d-t, listed in there catologe, have ordered it but feck no's wen it will arrive!!

volcanezxuiw said:
Any pics of the day? The only pic so far is the one of the er em SMOKE!! 113bhp D-turbo, anyone fancy a race? lol

Waiting for my m8 to e-mail me the pics!! Ill race u in the 129.6BHP D-Turbo :grinning:

volcanezxuiw

Reckon I'll hadda screw the boost up for that!! didn't you go up near 30 bhp by tweeking the turbo?? Maybe that puts me near 140bhp!!! lol gonna buy a hybrid from jp in comber, take it from me a standard turbo screwed out WILL NOT LAST. They heat up too much and go for the bearings. £300 for the turbo running 1.5 bar with guarentee.

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
volcanezxuiw said:
Reckon I'll hadda screw the boost up for that!! didn't you go up near 30 bhp by tweeking the turbo?? Maybe that puts me near 140bhp!!! lol gonna buy a hybrid from jp in comber, take it from me a standard turbo screwed out WILL NOT LAST. They heat up too much and go for the bearings. £300 for the turbo running 1.5 bar with guarentee.

Id my pump screwed 1/4 a turn + a K&N filter and i got 102.4bhp, u have urs done the full turn which would give u the extra bhp, I may screw my turbo back to around 1.2 bar which would be safe enough, have to learn sum boys manors about the twn first tho :grinning:

Forgive me above to its a piper cam im looking at, was told its an exchange deal so i have to find an old td cam and send it off to them to reprofile, 250 quid and gives u +12bhp and its PIPER not KENT soz!

Cormac

Carnut44

RMS Regular
volcanezxuiw said:
Any pics of the day? The only pic so far is the one of the er em SMOKE!! :laughing: 113bhp D-turbo, anyone fancy a race? lol
the only racing ul b doin is round the snooker table re-spotting the 50 breaks i know in again u young man anyway my saxo wud smoke ur d-turbo..

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
Just e-mailed Reuben@Tripple 7 to give him a link to the results and he emailed me back there:-

Reuben said:
Sorry if anyone was disappointed with their fiqures but what the rr
says is what you get no glossing or lying (although we could be
persuaded with some cash lol).
It is calibrated every 6 months and have never found it to be too far
out on any car. The best thing to remember is that BHP and Torque are
not the b all and end all of a fast car. It is mostly down to the
power to weight ratio which a lot of people seem to forget about.

Looking for to the next one.

Regards Reuben

Cormac

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
The fella done the info on the computer, sid was the chap drove the cars on the rollers!

Cormac

volcanezxuiw

Bosch pump is far different from the lucas!! Lucas will go one full turn(or there abouts) and hit a stopper, thats them screwed full the bosch you have to give at least a turn before it will make a difference. Can see 130bhp coming very soon!!

Carnut44
the only racing ul b doin is round the snooker table re-spotting the 50 breaks i know in again u young man anyway my saxo wud smoke ur d-turbo..

How likely even VTR's only see the back of 'er!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.