RS3 Sportback - Official

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Agree on the bland front imo, looks like every other fast Audi but will reserve judgement till I see one.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bit like the 130i and Z3M coupe in that case Jamesy, though I do like this!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Bit like the 130i and Z3M coupe in that case Jamesy, though I do like this!

Z3MC is whacky looking though, a total marmite car...the RS3 looks great, but it is quite conserative, in typical Audi fashion.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Z3MC is 1 of those cars that the engine and performance made it desirable- I would love 1 personally. But for example if it was a 2.2, I'd laugh in it's face.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Bar the engine it's the usual boring VAG, rather an FQ400 for that money, atleast it'll turn heads.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
At first I wasn't a fan, but then what else is there with that could trounce pretty much everything else away from lights and fit a pram and a dog in the back?

Mmmm, like a mini RS4 really.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Typical VAG machinery. Clinical in its abilities, but also about as appealing externally as slicing off your nuts with a blunt knife.

Honestly if new Audi's where humans, they would be a family that have been inbreeding for far to long.

Its as if Porsches designers have started teaching the Audi designers how to barely change a thing and relaunch it as a new car.

Coming next week after we have sold this one. The RS3-Sportback-R Plus plus plus Spec R with 1bhp more and even more fashionable white paint and black roof. Bai.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
nope, and they do a warrenty/service pack that costs £530 for 3 years with an optional top up of £650 that covers years 4 and 5.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
This type of car is going to become more common, not everyone needs or wants an M3, M5, RS4 etc etc... Consider the Boxster/Cayman people who perhaps find themselves needing 2 more seats...£45-50k is easily within their budget.

True. I actually think of these as the new S4. They are about the same size as an S4 Avant used to be just two generations ago.

But - if I were one of the people you described, I would keep the Boxster/Cayman/whatever for fun, and get a diesel golf/a3 for the family/b&q/ikea/work. Same build and luxury, at a fraction of the price.

Let's face it, in the real world, nobody will use rocket ship performance with a baby seat or a book shelf in the car.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
not sure on that. maybe will look better in the metal - great power figures tho

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Why would you not just buy an RS4?? Similar size , looks better, and more power from standard.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That is a rancid car. I really don't like Audi's. I hate the fact your paying through the nose to have similar components to a skoda/seat/vw. Atleast with a Merc or BMW your in a proper prestige car.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Why would you not just buy an RS4?? Similar size , looks better, and more power from standard.

Because the B7 RS4 is now 3-4 years old, and buyers of the RS3 will presumably want a new car. There are no details of another RS4 model either for now.

connorst

RMS Regular
IHaldex would put me off, plus wider fronts than rears??? Some reports also say Audi have confirmed a new RS4, but only in avant form! Hopefully it will look like a proper RS and have the arch buldges!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Because the B7 RS4 is now 3-4 years old, and buyers of the RS3 will presumably want a new car. There are no details of another RS4 model either for now.
Oh right, didnt know they are not available new anymore.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.