Rust remover

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
No Probs Paddy (y)
Need a bit more advice lol. So did a big test spot and it's lasted weeks now, however I'm starting to see slight surface rust forming, will this be because I haven't put a top coat of something on over it? Or maybe prep wasn't good enough? Have even started looking into epoxy primers but it's like £40 for a 500ml spray tin ffs 😂 Just don't want to do all this stripping back only for it to rust without me seeing it haha

Cheers again!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It could be that the rust is still underneath. It really does need to be put onto clean metal with no rust. Pitted metal with some residual surface rust won’t be good. Then it does it’s job protecting

This is the rear chassis leg of my Impreza with a coating of it after about 3 years of being applied and as you can see still like new. But I’ll add that there was no rust at all on the surface, it was just degreased and applied. Then a coating of dynax UC for extra protection. It doesn’t see salt or roads in winter though

F1D2A3D9-7DBA-4566-BDD4-F3251F76CA36.jpeg

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
Do you think something like deox c gel would benefit me before applying it again? Any tools to get the metal better than multiple wire wheels? 😂 In over my head here

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If wire wheels aren’t doing it then it might need to be cut out and new metal.it will always come back otherwise. Maybe just go for something like a rust converter and protector like POR15, I think that’s what it does haven’t used it before.

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
If wire wheels aren’t doing it then it might need to be cut out and new metal.it will always come back otherwise. Maybe just go for something like a rust converter and protector like POR15, I think that’s what it does haven’t used it before.
Tbf have just went and had another look, everything is actually perfect apart from one spot. (Which is the only exposed bit not under arch liner fabric and plastic) it's solid as ****, probably still has residue from other stuff used which is why it's slowly surface rusting, will give it another go properly focusing on that spot and see how we go lol. Gonna wire wheel, wax and grease remover and apply some deox c gel, then get it off and apply the galvanising stuff again! Sorry to annoy you again haha, just being paranoid about this fecking surface rust