Rusty Nuts Rally 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

xHannaHx

RMS Regular
Drives
silvia s14a
After a very successful event in 2015, raising over £23K for Cancer Focus Northern Ireland, we are pleased to announce that the Rusty Nuts Rally will be running again from Friday 9th to Sunday 11th September 2016.
We have kept our chosen charity as Cancer Focus. The rally was created to raise awareness & funds for men's cancers and feel that Cancer Focus cover this very well through their 'Man Van's'. Sadly, we all know someone who has been affected by cancer and all of the money raised by Cancer Focus stays in Northern Ireland to provide screening, counselling, support and health promotion.

The last two years have been absolutely brilliant, and we would like to thank each and every one of you who had the faith in us to participate. As per last year, the number of teams will be capped at 30 vehicles, and as a thank you to last year’s participants, we are offering them first refusal on the slots. Any remaining slots will be released to the public on 1st March 2016.
As per last year we have negotiated some great deals based on volume and due to this we will only run the rally if a minimum of 20 cars participate. If we have not reached the target of 20 cars by 1st April, the event will not take place and all money will be refunded in full.

The Route:
Friday 9th September 2016
Starting point Belfast heading to Campsie Karting Centre for a choice of 4 activites via County Armagh. Before continuing along the coast to Ballintoy. Base camp is Sheep Island View Hostel in Ballintoy for overnight accommodation

Saturday 10th September
2016 Starting from Ballintoy, continuing around the coast road into County Tyrone and Fermanagh. Base camp is Todds Leap Activity Centre for activities and overnight accommodation.
Sunday 11th September 2016

Starting from Ballygawley, a convoy drive to Kirkistown Race Circuit on the Ards Peninsula for a track day followed by a closing ceremony.

Entry Costs:
The cost to enter the rally will be £60 per vehicle and £60 per person. There must be a minimum of 2 in each team (for safety reasons) and the maximum is the legal limit for the vehicle. For example a team of 2 will cost £90 per person to enter, a team of 4 will cost £75 per person to enter What you get for your money:
- The £60 car entry fee covers the route, daily challenges, window stickers, a track day at Kirkistown Race Circuit, closing ceremony with cash prizx
- The £60 per person fee covers
* a donation to charity on your behalf,
* choice of 4 activities at Campsie Karting Centre
* two activities at Todds Leap

Accommodation Costs:
We have negotiated great deals on accommodation :
Friday Night – Sheep Island View in Ballintoy have offered an overnight stay in their apartments for £15pp. Those who wish to camp (limited spaces) will be charged £12 per tent. An evening 2 course meal is priced at £6.50pp and a cooked breakfast is offered at £4.50pp
Saturday Night – Todds leap have offered an overnight stay in their cabins for £15pp and camping for £5pp. A BBQ meal is offered at £3pp and a cooked breakfast is offered at £5pp
Please note that some teams may have to share apartments and cabins, but these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The occupants of each room are responsible for any damages.

Fundraising:
As well as a fun packed weekend, we want to raise a lot of money for Cancer Focus NI. A donation from each person is made to charity, but we also would like to see individual teams fundraising. This could be by obtaining sponsorship on your car or by collecting money from friends, relatives and colleagues. Collecting buckets and sponsorship forms will be provided. After last year's total of over £23K we have a high expectation to meet or exceed!

The Car:
Cars/Vehicles must have been purchased for less than £500. There is no limit on the amount you can spend after the initial purchase (e.g. MOT preparation, paintwork, fairy wings etc) We ask that each team respectfully sticks to the £500 budget and puts effort into decorating their cars. Cars which simply appear vandalised will not be allowed to start the rally All vehicles MUST be road legal. This means tax, mot, and ALL drivers must be insured.

Deciding the Winner:
This is not a race, there are no points for the first to cross a line or arrive at a location, instead teams will receive points for various things during the weekend.
Vehicle - each car will receive points for originality, the more permanent the modification the more points, the wackier the paintwork the more points. Please note that any vehicles which may be offensive to either other teams or members of the public will not be allowed to participate (including sectarian or racial pictures, words, phrases etc)
People - points will be available for fancy dress
Challenges - there will be challenges set during the day. The only requirement is that each team must have a digital camera (and charger)
Fundraising - the more money a team raises the more points they receive The team with the most points wins the Rally including unlimited bragging rights!!

Video footage from last year if anyone is wondering what sort of things we get up to -
If you have any questions just ask! We have aimed to make this a fun packed weekend, with great activities and minimum cost.
Entry forms can be requested after 1st March once pre-entries have closed. To receive a booking form, please email nibangerrally@gmail.com

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks
Hannah
[/FONT]

Attachments

• 12688233_1019833671396800_4181419179285907018_n.jpg
    12688233_1019833671396800_4181419179285907018_n.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 180

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm looking for a reliable and slightly psychotic partner this year; preferrably one who doesn't have a beautiful wife that wears the trousers in his family. Applications by PM please. :p

Last edited:

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Would love to attend this but unfortunately it falls at a very busy time of the year for me, and I wouldn't be able to get the time away.
Might have a car for it tho is anyone is interested in a Lexus

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Would love to attend this but unfortunately it falls at a very busy time of the year for me, and I wouldn't be able to get the time away.

PM me details please Andy :grinning:

xHannaHx

RMS Regular
OP
xHannaHx
Drives
silvia s14a
Would 'buying' a raffle car count as under £500 :p

You could potentially rock up to this in Pete's 911 :cool:

Technically maybe! But if you do rock up in something which clearly looks like it's worth more than £500 then you need to be able to take the grief from the other teams.... Dare I even mention the Quark Soy Pound? And not only that but you don't really fit in with the rest of us!

xHannaHx

RMS Regular
OP
xHannaHx
Drives
silvia s14a
Oh forgot to say that there is a clause for cars with a genuine comedy value which excludes it from the £500 rule - so milk floats/ fire engines etc are a possibility!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Oh forgot to say that there is a clause for cars with a genuine comedy value which excludes it from the £500 rule - so milk floats/ fire engines etc are a possibility!

Hmmmmmmmmm, thinking........ as I spend my life inadvertently upsetting people, it might be prudent to enter the comedy section............
maggie bus.JPG

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Let's do the deal this year then Andrew!!

car life

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Back again this year for another round of driving and carry on. Shame last years car won't make another year

car life

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Haha, nope, had just passed mot too

No clue, something lovely sounding again tho and good for Kirkistown

Any ideas yourself?
Something along the lines of last year being an estate, other than than no more details lol Kirkistown will be great craic, handier on the car to

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.