S2000 Project

Tim Long

RMS Regular
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Hi guys

A few of you already know I decided to trade in my racing blue clio 200 today in place of a 2008 S2000.
The clio was fantastic, I absolutely loved that little car. Handled like it was on rails, and I had finally got it looking like I had always imagined it.
Leaving her behind at the dealers today was very emotional, nearly brought a tear to my, but I have always admired S2000s and had always said, one day!

So that day has come and well what can I say. I absolutely love it! It is completely standard, and because it is a 2008 model has the jdm s2000 type s suspension setup. 9k rpm can get very addictive :laughing:
It is a totally different drive to the clio and no doubt will take some time to get use to, but like the clio, it just makes you want to go driving all the time!

I have a few ideas in mind for her, and I will be sure to keep a track of them in here as this little project progresses.

I would just like to leave you with the final few pictures of my clio and of course a few of the S after I finally got her home from Rosstrevor.

Enjoy and as always, all comments welcome.

Tim

Attachments

• DSC_0241 resize.jpg
    DSC_0241 resize.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 4,540
  • DSC_0251 resize.jpg
    DSC_0251 resize.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC_0271 resize.jpg
    DSC_0271 resize.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC_0273 resize.jpg
    DSC_0273 resize.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC_0292 resize.jpg
    DSC_0292 resize.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC_0294resize.jpg
    DSC_0294resize.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 601
  • DSC_0296reize.jpg
    DSC_0296reize.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 668
  • DSC_0286 resize.jpg
    DSC_0286 resize.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC_0275 resize.jpg
    DSC_0275 resize.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_0280 resize.jpg
    DSC_0280 resize.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 655

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
another..

Attachments

• DSC_0278 resize.jpg
    DSC_0278 resize.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 647

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Nice Buy, S2000's imo are one of the best looking cars out there.

9000RPM is definitely addictive

Enjoy it.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Yours was one of few. Possibly the only clio I've liked since the Williams. But if the clio was anything to go by this will be an amazing s2k! H2D

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Love the S2000, however I think the Clio would have been alot more fun. Great car for the summer though (y)

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Nice Buy, S2000's imo are one of the best looking cars out there.

9000RPM is definitely addictive

Thanks :grinning: Never experienced anything like this before so It's awesome ha!

Enjoy it.

Yours was one of few. Possibly the only clio I've liked since the Williams. But if the clio was anything to go by this will be an amazing s2k! H2D

Thanks bud! Appreciate it, and yes I will be sure to try make this my own! Plan to keep this car a good bit longer than the clio as there is far greater potential for modding which will keep me busy for some time. Just need to save up the pennies again :laughing:

AndyG

RMS Regular
8,900rpm :p

Awesome looking car, get all the geo bolts greased up if it's not been done already.. Mine is costing me a fortune sorting all that out

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Love the S2000, however I think the Clio would have been alot more fun. Great car for the summer though (y)
Thanks man. Clio was a hoot and you could chuck it into any corner with confidence you'd come out of it ok. But hopefully once I get use to the S it will be just as fun, if not more. Bit of sideways action going on ha!

8,900rpm :p

Awesome looking car, get all the geo bolts greased up if it's not been done already.. Mine is costing me a fortune sorting all that out
Thanks bud, will be sure to check it out.

Very nice! looks absolutely stunning in that colour (and condition) :grinning:
Not even sure what colour it is tbh ha! Don't think its Moon Rock because it's a 2008 model. Could be wrong though but it might be Chicane Silver Metallic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Awesome!

Yeah that looks like Moonrock to me. My favourite colour in an S2000 and the colour I'd want if I ever end up getting another. I'd a Berlina 08 GT before.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Enjoy. As said, get those suspension bolts greased. Then the tracking set. Loved mine the 3 years I had it and only the odd off-road excursion backwards ;-)

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Good job Tim. Glad you are enjoying. Dont be over doing it with the sideways actions just yet ;). Enjoy and will look forward to seeing how your ride develops.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I absolutely loved your clio, if I had spare dough I would have taken it off you in a heartbeat, and I imagine the dealer will have no issues selling it. Nice progression though in terms of power and drive. My other half has a 200 and brother has an S2k, they are great cars, and you got a convertible at the right time to enjoy those few great days we get (y) good luck with it

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Ha ha, roof down already and its not even summer yet...it was a nice day though yesterday. Pics look good...particularly like the one with the office buildings in the back.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Very nice! Absolutely perfect weather for it at the minute, I really missed the TT today :worried:.
Thanks mate. Couldn't have timed it better with the nice weather! Bit chilly still mind you driving from Rosstrevor to Belfast topless.
Awesome!

Yeah that looks like Moonrock to me. My favourite colour in an S2000 and the colour I'd want if I ever end up getting another. I'd a Berlina 08 GT before.
Thanks bud. I think the colour is great. Not as in your face as the racing blue f the 200 but it's nice!

Enjoy. As said, get those suspension bolts greased. Then the tracking set. Loved mine the 3 years I had it and only the odd off-road excursion backwards ;-)
Will do. Cornering is certainly an event still atm. Not sure if it's my driving and not being use to how the S handles yet, or it needs a geo setup.

Great choice and lovely colour. Looks in good condition. I miss mine, especially on days like this...
Thanks man :laughing: Yours looks stunning! Need to either debadge or get some red H's. Ebay just?

View attachment 53868

Good job Tim. Glad you are enjoying. Dont be over doing it with the sideways actions just yet ;). Enjoy and will look forward to seeing how your ride develops.
Thanks bud. No definately not lol, still not very confdent in my driving yet, especially in corners. Always afraid she will go sideways and I'll lift off throttle complete and well make it worse haha! Believe the technique is to ease off throttle, turn in more smoothly and back on throttle.

I absolutely loved your clio, if I had spare dough I would have taken it off you in a heartbeat, and I imagine the dealer will have no issues selling it. Nice progression though in terms of power and drive. My other half has a 200 and brother has an S2k, they are great cars, and you got a convertible at the right time to enjoy those few great days we get (y) good luck with it
I really hope it goes to someone who will look after her and even finish what bits I never got round to doing. Would love to see her again at some stae, so hopefully whoever gets her is on here, or at least joins up. If anyone sees it, please let me know :laughing:

Ha ha, roof down already and its not even summer yet...it was a nice day though yesterday. Pics look good...particularly like the one with the office buildings in the back.
Thanks man. Not great with a camera, especially at night though first time using it at night. Trial and error. O absolutely haha! TBH looks better with roof down atm, not keen on the soft top. Need to try source a hardtop for sure.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Nice s2k, with the best looking oem wheels.
Thanks man. Wheels aren't bad but want a nice set of proper jdm rims. Need about £6k the way this is going. Likely more :-/
Slowly but surely things will fall into place.

Had a blast in a mates kpro'd dc5 last night with a good amount spent on it and by god ot was fun. Vtec much more aggressive and with it coming in at 4.5k rpm instead of 6k rpm on the s2k made a big difference. The noise of it also makes you grin!

C4L

RMS Regular
lovely s2k although personally I much preferred the clio it looked outstanding, suppose the roof doesn't go down on a clio for summer though!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Nice S2k and look forward to following this project (y). Miss mine a lot, always said I get another it would be a facelift model around 08 onwards, they're just much fresher looking inside and out.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
lovely s2k although personally I much preferred the clio it looked outstanding, suppose the roof doesn't go down on a clio for summer though!
Was very hard to part with the clio. Certainly got heads turning and I loved how it looked but the engine in the S2K is better and with some nice subtle mods I hope to have it looking as good as the clio!
Just run out of money lol. Looking at getting a mugen hardtop for it. Some lows, jdm wheels, oem front lip and rear lip spoiler. Red h's or debadged look.

Reactions: C4L

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Nice S2k and look forward to following this project (y). Miss mine a lot, always said I get another it would be a facelift model around 08 onwards, they're just much fresher looking inside and out.
Cheers pal. Yeah this one is pretty fresh for a 6 year old car. Bitten by the mod big already though. Need a loan lol