S3 - golf r tuning .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Can’t really pine for a Rs3 when there is literally a £10k difference in price.
Oh I totally underatand that but it’s always nice to have the best in the range is it not .going to pm your later chum if that’s ok .

genman

G
Golf R drivers will tell you it’s a more engaging drive over the S3. I couldn’t give a fiddlers tbh. You buy the car you want and I wanted a S3.
very true but ive never really bought the car i truly want.. ..i buy the car that suits my budget and offers a buzz. .....time yet though to get what i really want

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
I just stuck a dtuk box in mine, and their pedal box, and that sharpened it up nicely. Don't have the will or funds to go mental with £££ airboxes, 4 figure exhausts and lll that. Plus it's leased.

As for looks, I personally think the r looks meaty, as does the S3, really down to budget and personal preference at the end of the day.

As for Sandra, there's one near me and I do think "do you know what you're sitting in?"...she may well do but still lol

Reactions: Cro

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
@Boydie S3 is a seriously impressive thing to drive. So sedate and normal and then you bury the throttle and it becomes a missile lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Someone just sent me a pm and really has me thinking lol.thanks for that ;)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Neither an RS3, S3 or Golf R are an engaging drive :laughing:

I've driven them all. They are all great though and I really like my Golf R.

Mines a Revo stage 1 and while I'd like do go to stage 3 it doesn't make financial sense as its just vastly diminishing returns on the £ vs bhp. Personally I'd prefer spending 40K on an RS3 with 400bhp rather than 6K or whatever to get the Golf R to 450bhp.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
A good friend of mine is in the process of building a Golf R to 500bhp plus. It was sitting around 350/400bhp not so long ago real good going car but he has decided to take it to the next stage and go past the 500bhp mark.

The problem over here is that some people won’t spend the money on tunning cars. If I didn’t have the RS4 I’d gladly throw money at a Golf R as they are such a good alround car.

In saying that the noise of RS3 is addictive.

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Like a few others, I test drove the R, S3 and RS3 before I ended up ordering the R.

I didn’t find the drive between the R and the S3 that different to be honest. I went for the R because I was getting the most for my money and personally I preferred the interior and headunit etc.

I just couldn’t justify the additional cost for an RS3 although it did sound unreal.

The R gets a hard time on here but it’s a brilliant all rounder, handles well and goes like stink even in standard form. Just buy the car that you want and don’t let others influence you either way.

And the R can look great in the right spec with a few little touches...

FB8C4284-7726-447C-B43E-A177D252C7E1.jpeg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
For the price of an rs3 around 2015 -16 you can buy a bmw m3 .now that’s certainly not boring or drab .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
For the price of an rs3 around 2015 -16 you can buy a bmw m3 .now that’s certainly not boring or drab .

Exactly - you all know my thoughts on my S3 and having a RS3 would be amazing but for the same money you can have a RS4, F80 M3, F15? M6, C63 AMG etc...

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Exactly - you all know my thoughts on my S3 and having a RS3 would be amazing but for the same money you can have a RS4, F80 M3, F15? M6, C63 AMG etc...

@Boydie can I ask who done/does the work to your S3? I’ve not long bought an 8V S3 with some nice mods but want to take it to the next level now.

Thanks Pete

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I was for trying to buy a nardo rs3 out of Wilson’s today but chickened out as I never tried to sell the s4 .if it had of been away it would of been on my drive this weekend .if a dealer on here buys it I would be very interested in it .

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I was for trying to buy a nardo rs3 out of Wilson’s today but chickened out as I never tried to sell the s4 .if it had of been away it would of been on my drive this weekend .if a dealer on here buys it I would be very interested in it .

Out of curiosity what did the car fetch when it was in auction?

I was for buying an RS4 before I went for the s3 sportback, just a lovely car all round and with a bit of work that has been done to the car already it does shift ☺️

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Out of curiosity what did the car fetch when it was in auction?

I was for buying an RS4 before I went for the s3 sportback, just a lovely car all round and with a bit of work that has been done to the car already it does shift ☺
Haven’t spoke to them yet tbh .tried ringing but there not answering there phones .

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
This must be the one that went through auction - appeared today on Autotrader:-

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
As a rule I hate Nardo, but I think it actually works well there.

Given the price and warranty I could look past the colour if it wasn’t a top choice.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Fs have you still not bought something 🤣

Gotta be up there with the tyre kicker kings now lol
Cheeky bollox yee.no Chris i never bothered the last time as I really didn’t know what I wanted but now I have made up my mind it’s going so if it sells I have no option but to buy something otherwise I will likely never change .problem is I honestly do not know what I want .think the s4 is to big and I still look at m3,s .there just as big lol.like a hatchback so rs3 is the obvious choice as I really like my Audi and it has given me no bother at all.
Nardo grey I’m still meh,do I hate it or live it ,I don’t know .