S3 Saloon - Sepang Blue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Thanks for all the positive comments. Credit goes to the previous owner. I just contributed to his bank balance.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Great choice, really like the colour. A map is going to make that very rapid indeed!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I had 12mm either side on the rear of mine with the 19s and they stuck out too far imo

10s at the front was the same

I have ended up leaving the car without spacers as I feel with the lowering and ET of the wheels they sit pretty much bang on

If I was being really fussy then maybe 5mm each side would be beneficial but its not a priority

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
IMG_0753.JPG

@Boydie

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Would explain why I felt a bit wollowy going hard round a bend earlier. Think I have them around 38/38

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
@NickR85 @cbr600 I like it, im sure ive put a good 80 miles on it in 4 months, Sharon put on the other 800 miles. Joke i know to have the car sit in the drive more often than driven. I do love the DSG and the noise of the gear change. Lovely seats, and the looks of it. Happy with the purchase, just not the cost per mile of ownership

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@NickR85 @cbr600 I like it, im sure ive put a good 80 miles on it in 4 months, Sharon put on the other 800 miles. Joke i know to have the car sit in the drive more often than driven. I do love the DSG and the noise of the gear change. Lovely seats, and the looks of it. Happy with the purchase, just not the cost per mile of ownership
How do you compare it to the previous S3? It is a lovely looking car to be fair.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
How do you compare it to the previous S3? It is a lovely looking car to be fair.
The car feels solid and tighter chasis (may be the H&R springs helping). Trim level is better with nice details like lights around the speaker grills. Sound is good and no need for the Non Res. Build quality for me seems better than the 8P and Golf R. I like the pop up display on the dash. If you are ever down in Ards again, give me a shout and you can take it for a run yourself.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The car feels solid and tighter chasis (may be the H&R springs helping). Trim level is better with nice details like lights around the speaker grills. Sound is good and no need for the Non Res. Build quality for me seems better than the 8P and Golf R. I like the pop up display on the dash. If you are ever down in Ards again, give me a shout and you can take it for a run yourself.
Thanks Tim. When I replace the F31 it will be with a quick Petrol again. I regret selling the 8P to be honest.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Thanks Tim. When I replace the F31 it will be with a quick Petrol again. I regret selling the 8P to be honest.
Likewise, it had all the toys and went like stink. Good luck with whatever you decide. Offers there for the next 200 odd days. You know I rarely hold on to a motor for a year :-(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.