Saab 9-3 rough idle

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

OS Ken

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9-5 all day
On my 93 when the idle went lumpy it was the throttle body that cured it, common enough on them. Hope ya get sorted.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Well no luck with the coils but I have some leads now. Will post a vid of the idle as soon as my phone has more juice. Anyways idle sits about 700rpm unless you move the steering wheel left to right abit then it picks up to 900 and feels smoother. Replaced some vacuum lines and found it was all abit oily . Turns out what I think is the vacuum pump is leaking oil. The pump runs off the cam and I gather the seal has gone letting oil through and causing an air leak.

Its normal for the idle to raise when some load is put on the engine such as a steering input or loading up air con etc.

From your original post it looks like an O2 sensor is reading out of range and this could be contributing to a misfire.

However if you think you have an air leak then that would be the first thing to check.

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
The 1st 02 sensor is new but the second I have no idea about but that one just checks the cat is doing its job doesn't it?

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
On my 93 when the idle went lumpy it was the throttle body that cured it, common enough on them. Hope ya get sorted.
Cheers ken goin to give the tb a clean tomorrow and see if it helps.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.