Saab 95 Vector estate now in the Maranello House stable.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Yes I've bought another car that isn't Italian!

The reason. I'm going to take the defender off the road to fix, replace, update, modernize it so wanted a run round big enough to carry things to the dump and had to be cheap. Spotted this Saab and as I've always liked them went and had a look and brought it home.
2004, 2.3 turbo petrol, 125K, full history, full mot, loads of toys and they all still work including a rear heated seat which is a real novelty for the kids and the dog. few marks but I don't care.
It might need a ball joint but that's about it. drive until it drops, take seats out and make them fit the Defender!

Saab 95 front side.JPG

Saab 95 front.JPG

Saab 95 left rear.JPG

Saab 95 side rear.JPG

Saab 95 inside drivers side.JPG

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
If you want to shift it once the defender is taken care of, send it my way!

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Although everything is working a couple of pixels were out and annoying me. A quick scoot through Ebay came up with a used one in good condition. It nearly took me 5 minutes to change the units. Radio unit to be changed next as it has a pixel out and it glares at me now.

Saab 95 old heater control unit removed.JPG

Saab 95 replacement heater control unit fitted.JPG

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Get it Noobtuned. @Artoir you after one? Will probably be selling my 9-5 aero soon, don’t really need it now I’m a commuter slave.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Friends of mine have these tuned and there animals. If it drops and no one wants it remember your on-line scrap mans never far away :p But health to enjoy in the mean time (y)

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
"Um I bought another one"!
Look it wasn't my fault, it's the cars fault.
I originally bought it to use while doing a few things to the Defender, and as I was looking a new set of seats for the Defender I found the ones in the Saab would be perfect for the defender, specially since the rear seat is also heated. But (and yes I know you shouldn't start a sentence with a but) the car has really grown on me and I knew come the time I would struggle to have to break the car.
I had a nosey through the various classifieds and yesterday found the exact same car only with a blown engine, and it was manual. So I bought it for the seats and I'm lifting it tonight. However if the photo's are to be believed this one looks to be in even better condition than mine.

You just know whats coming!

parts saab 1.jpg

parts saab 2.jpg

parts saab 3.jpg

parts saab 4.jpg

parts saab 6.jpg

parts saab 7.jpg

Attachments

• parts saab 5.jpg
    parts saab 5.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116

j44nty

RMS Regular
"Um I bought another one"!
Look it wasn't my fault, it's the cars fault.
I originally bought it to use while doing a few things to the Defender, and as I was looking a new set of seats for the Defender I found the ones in the Saab would be perfect for the defender, specially since the rear seat is also heated. But (and yes I know you shouldn't start a sentence with a but) the car has really grown on me and I knew come the time I would struggle to have to break the car.
I had a nosey through the various classifieds and yesterday found the exact same car only with a blown engine, and it was manual. So I bought it for the seats and I'm lifting it tonight. However if the photo's are to be believed this one looks to be in even better condition than mine.

You just know whats coming!

View attachment 236927

View attachment 236928

View attachment 236929

View attachment 236930

View attachment 236932

View attachment 236933

Haha you know how to torture yourself worse than me. I bought an old e46 and at last count I owned 12 of them 😂. Now I own none and feel cleansed.
Good luck with the engine swap.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
A vector isn’t an aero, so not the same at all... 🤓 did the second one come from comber direction?

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
The exterior pics above are old, not sure how old but I seem them in a for sale add at least 18 months ago

Last edited:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Went to see that one in Ballygowan a while ago now. Is it the one with the blown engine? It wasn't blown when I saw it.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Love that colour in them. Whats up with the engine? Sludge causing oil starvation is usually the cause of them dying.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
All I know is that it had been tuned and then blew the head on the way home from Newcastle one evening.

Hopefully its just the head gasket then. If thats all it is, then its possible the culprit is the coolant hose (pictured) is split and it drained the system and overheated. Its a is a very common fault in them and there is silicone replacements parts. Definitely drop the sump anyway regardless, clean it and the pickup pipe. Also upgrade the PCV system if its not done already.

Edit - assuming your fixing it that is. If not, also put the turbo in your other 9-5 as well as the seats :grinning:

Last edited:

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
The heads not with the car and I believe it dropped a piston, haven’t checked, but I’m pretty sure it’s knackered. Turbo should be good though.