'Safe' Cars, Financially!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
They can be bad for the rust but if you get a clean one. Parts can be expensive like any high end motor.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It's very small market for gas guzzlers over here though, unless its a derv 90% of N.I will not be interested so might be hard to sell on and make a profit

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Honestly RWD jap will sell easy and the way prices have been going you'll not lose money. Plus with the amount of sbodys etc binned and turned into drift slags they're starting to get thin on the ground

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Haha I remember the merc Nicky! It was hungry for parts lol!

As said buy a good low mileage facelift e39 m5 and it will go up in money. They are great cars and reached their lowest point a few years ago and have climbed from it in my opinion.

Also as said they don't feel fast but if you look down at the speedo you'll notice just how quick your picking speed up.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
It's very small market for gas guzzlers over here though, unless its a derv 90% of N.I will not be interested so might be hard to sell on and make a profit

You would be very surprised. I generally find big petrols that aren't that common sell easily. I could have a diesel Golf sitting for 6 months or more because every man has them for sale, but big rare petrols can be In and out in a number of weeks. I'm leaning towards that sort of stuff these days. Just bought a 335i manual touring.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
What about a 944, the price of them seems to be rising pretty steadily. If it was my money it would be an EK9, DC2, E36 M3 or an Impreza RA.

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
@Ben E, I'd love a 911 but TBH would prefer to get a great example of something for my budget than a rougher example, and was never a huge 996 fan anyway.

Also, has anyone seen how the prices of E36 M3s have went?! Anyone who has had a clean one for a few years must be laughing now!

Having been looking a LOT into it, I think my original thoughts on an E39 M5 or B5 RS4 were probably close to the mark for what I'm after. I'm also looking at stuff for a lot less now too to see what there is, which is the sensible option, but the boring one!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I love the look of 182 cups. For the money. Easy run too. For the cheaper end.

Reference e36 m3's. There seriously going up. I let mine go a few week ago. Was stupid. But got a reasonable offer and it suited me to get money out of it.

simy

RMS Regular
The 3.0 Z4 Coupes are well within your budget. I seem to remember reports of them being a better buy than the M versions. No personal experience though.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
If I had £13k burning a hole in my pocket right now @Conor , I would have this parked on my driveway:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/1983-Audi-Quattro-RHD-142355936
142355938.400.jpg

My cousin had one of these when I was young, it was great craic to be out in

Phil_D

RMS Regular
If you can find yourself an Alfa Romeo GTV Cup you will not lose a penny..a decent 3.0 v6 one will only go up in value from now as well. Cups are on their way up already but the v6's are still cheap but will definitely go up.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If you can find yourself an Alfa Romeo GTV Cup you will not lose a penny..a decent 3.0 v6 one will only go up in value from now as well. Cups are on their way up already but the v6's are still cheap but will definitely go up.

Hollybrook had a real nice one in recently, seems to have disappeared off their website now though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.