Sale of my car through Coys of kensington (information purposes)

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Dear All,
Thank you for the information shared in this chat. Unfortunately we did not read this before selling a car at auction in Germany to coys of Kensington. We are now preparing for legal civil action as 1. The payment terms and amount were not fulfilled in full and 2. Compensation for time spent chasing payment, receiving a check payment later than the 6 week payment agreement time, time to cash the cheque and the overall inconvenience of dealing with a clearly fraudulent car dealership.
Although I sold my car through auction to Coys as a private individual, I own a large dealership in Germany and my lawyers are well experienced with dealing with receiving payments of wrong amounts (even though this payment is only a couple thousand short we will still be taking full legal action and seeking additional compensation for the above mentioned reasons ). My question is: has anyone used a solicitor against Coys in London that is already briefed on this company’s fraudulent dealings before? We are taking action in both German and British courts and are in the evidence collection phase so wanted to ensure we reached out to others who have had problems with Coys beforehand to see if there is a solicitor who has dealt with cases from them before.
Best regards,
Andy (name anonymous due to pending future case)

Welche Automarken verkaufen Sie? Wenn Sie mit Ihrer Klage Erfolg haben, können Sie uns vielleicht mehr erzählen?

Lagpat

RMS Member
Drives
Lambo
How do they keep getting away with this? Crazy.
Hope you get things sorted.
no they have sold the car and refuse to tell me to who or even make payment to me. they all need to be caught
They simply do because not enough people making it known what they are doing. I've actually had my post deleted from a few car related forums as they are afraid of it being slander but have NOT read the full article and understood that all of it is direct quotes etc.

So sorry to hear you are also in this situation.
I take it you have been through the whole "we are doing all we can to get you paid but the MD isn't available to sign the cheque". They can pay by direct debit, its just stalling ploys.

The only advice I can give you is document every single contact you have with them, do as much of the contact as you can through email so it is recorded and please do contact Neil neil@boydricesolicitors.com because if hadn't been for his help I most likely would still be chasing my money.

If you want to chat about it PM me and I'll give you my number.

Stuart
Thanks I just sent Neil an email. still haven't been paid.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Dear All,
Thank you for the information shared in this chat. Unfortunately we did not read this before selling a car at auction in Germany to coys of Kensington. We are now preparing for legal civil action as 1. The payment terms and amount were not fulfilled in full and 2. Compensation for time spent chasing payment, receiving a check payment later than the 6 week payment agreement time, time to cash the cheque and the overall inconvenience of dealing with a clearly fraudulent car dealership.
Although I sold my car through auction to Coys as a private individual, I own a large dealership in Germany and my lawyers are well experienced with dealing with receiving payments of wrong amounts (even though this payment is only a couple thousand short we will still be taking full legal action and seeking additional compensation for the above mentioned reasons ). My question is: has anyone used a solicitor against Coys in London that is already briefed on this company’s fraudulent dealings before? We are taking action in both German and British courts and are in the evidence collection phase so wanted to ensure we reached out to others who have had problems with Coys beforehand to see if there is a solicitor who has dealt with cases from them before.
Best regards,
Andy (name anonymous due to pending future case)

This is crazy. Surely it’s only a matter of time before this all goes public.

Does anyone know if anything ever happened with the German car magazine article?

@Andy278 I hope you get it all sorted and get what your owed.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
Am new to this forum but just wanted to get this out there. Have tried to join the Coys auction problems Facebook page but link no longer working. Have had very similar problems to above after selling my car at Coys auction earlier in year. Lots of bull**** from them about sending cheque but still not received. Does anyone know of solicitors taking a class action against them. I would be very keen to join?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Am new to this forum but just wanted to get this out there. Have tried to join the Coys auction problems Facebook page but link no longer working. Have had very similar problems to above after selling my car at Coys auction earlier in year. Lots of bull**** from them about sending cheque but still not received. Does anyone know of solicitors taking a class action against them. I would be very keen to join?

Hey,
You should try @NeilMcG as I think he’s helped a few people out and knows what’s their like.
Here’s a link to that Facebook group;

Good luck, I hope you get what you’re owed.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
Hey,
You should try @NeilMcG as I think he’s helped a few people out and knows what’s their like.
Here’s a link to that Facebook group;

Good luck, I hope you get what you’re owed.
Thanks will try both avenues. Facebook page appears to be closed down at the moment would really like to to see what current problems are but Facebook blocking.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Thanks will try both avenues. Facebook page appears to be closed down at the moment would really like to to see what current problems are but Facebook blocking.

The Facebook page is working ok for me. Maybe you have to message them to be invited in.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
It maybe Ok if already joined but seems to have been taken down, I did ask to join prior to this but no response. Also @NeilMcG very helpful gave me a free telephone consultation but can’t act for clients outside Northern Ireland.. thanks anyway, very worrying that Neil says he had been approached by hundreds of people!

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Just has a message from a guy I kept right after he had the same issues as myself when he sold his Delorean through Coys. A mate of his just told him of another guy with a BMW M1 sold through Coys has been paid either £120k.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
They are not acknowledging solicitors letter, have contacted other solicitors who have confirm that they are rogues and the most dishonest people they have come across. I think they are a bunch of unscrupulous b******s. Don’t use Coys of Kensington to sell your car!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Seems there's a pattern immerging with the Cowboys of Kensington. Would be very interested to hear their defence in this given the magnitude of the situation across the country. Surely a name like this can't sustain such immoral practices for this length of time!.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
It is quite unbelievable but my fear of course is that they will declare bankruptcy !

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I’m guessing people who they owe money to don’t want to be too vocal.
You would want to make sure they keep selling as much cars as possible so there’s a better chance of them being able to afford to pay you.

Mr angry

RMS Regular
Therein lies the problem and that’s what they play on and they get some sick pleasure out of knowing you have to spend money to pay the solicitor to get a chance of getting it back.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Therein lies the problem and that’s what they play on and they get some sick pleasure out of knowing you have to spend money to pay the solicitor to get a chance of getting it back.

yeah it probably will have to come to a halt sooner or later. They’ll declare bankruptcy and then leave a lot people out of some serious money.
I hope you get your money sorted before this happens. 🤞

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Have any disgruntled customers thought of showing up at their London Olympia auction on 22 Feb 2020 to kick up stink?

who was the England based RMSer who sorted things out for folk over there? @karlosdajackal ?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Have any disgruntled customers thought of showing up at their London Olympia auction on 22 Feb 2020 to kick up stink?

who was the England based RMSer who sorted things out for folk over there? @karlosdajackal ?

That’s what I would do.