Samba rallye chat

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shay

RMS Member
OP
Shay
Drives
Range Rover
Hi all

just wanting to see what is actually available Engines , Sumps, brakes and wheels

i am unsure of the actual spec of my car so i would like a professional opinion

Shay

RMS Member
OP
Shay
Drives
Range Rover
I have been told it is 1360 from what I can see it has a 4 branch works type exhaust
And a single DCOE 40 side draught

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone know of the whereabouts of a Grey 1986 Samba C101 F** - came from England recently? One of the previous owners wants to get in touch about it.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
You buy the samba recently Shay? I was out for a run and blue one went past me on a low loader outside Lurgan.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Used to be a fella rallied one of these back in the day. He has a garage or maybe his son at house about 2 or 3 miles out of markethill heading to tandragee, co Armagh. Think he was called Alwin spears, Alan spiers, speers, something like that. Might be a samba guru. Talbots were slightly popular round that area, probably with Scott's of hamiltonsbawn being a Chrysler / Peugeot-Talbot dealer.

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Been out for a coffee and a natter with shay. Top bloke. Nice wee car too. He's had a bit of an update now regarding his wee samba too.. ;o)

Cess

RMS Staff
Is the 1360cc engine used in Sambas pretty much the same engine used in Citroen AX/BX & Peugeot 205?

Samba

RMS Regular
Drives
Samba rallye
pretty much the same I think. The pergeot 104,205, renault 4 have the same engine. There were a few French cars round that time used the same engine.

Last edited:

simon

RMS Regular
Drives
320D / 205 GTi
I don't think the XY engine was ever used in the AX or BX?
As you probably know, the 8 port head is the key to power for these; I bought my 8 port from Ernie Larton who has a mixed reputation and put in on a 1360 bottom end and it was great but the 1235 in the other Samba I had put 5 bop more (115). Can't remember or maybe never knew where the head was used - must have due to homologation? Maybe just the 1219 french road car?
Others who rallied sambas in the day and who I got bits from were Will Farren, Basil Bailie, Willie McVicker, Robin Lyons and Ian Bishop who got one into the top ten of a NI Championship rally. Bet some people have bits lying forgotten in sheds.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.