Scarifier - to loan

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Anyone got a decent sized scarifier that they could loan in return for beer/sexual favours? Gardens ****ed and they are 90plus vat a day from HSS and trying to sort out this garden has me penniless!

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Have you got an ordinary walk behind mower?
If so you can buy a scarifier blade on amazon for about £15 that just swaps out the cutting blade and will do near the same job.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I looked into this a while ago and as my lawn is only about 10m2 I couldn't justify hiring a scarifier.

I was planning on buying this one instead - VonHaus Electric Lawn Raker - as the reviews are pretty great and its only £60.

I ended up just going over it with a scarifier rake, it was a pain in the hoop.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Anyone got a decent sized scarifier that they could loan in return for beer/sexual favours? Gardens ****ed and they are 90plus vat a day from HSS and trying to sort out this garden has me penniless!

£90+vat seems an awful lot!
I hired this petrol powered one from balloo for about £30 a day a year or so ago, price hasn't moved much.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Pick a different hire shop if that's what you are being quoted. I bought an electric one from screwfix when I had a wee garden. I have used it in my bigger garden now also and tbh its grand and I will just keep using it til it dies. handy having it in the garage so I can do a few light passes a year without having to run to the hire shop.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.