scooter losing power under acceleration!

Brendon

Drives
2011 SSR TITAN
Hey Daly2834, I'm interested if you have found out exactly what the problem is on your scooter yet??? Because I am having VERY similar issues with my 250cc SSR TITAN myself... -_- ....

petemotox

RMS Member
I've just got my wee Gilera DNA50 running ok, ended up being fuelling issues (vacuum operated petcock and vacuum operated pump both replaced).

What's your current status?

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Just noticed this thread and reminds me of the problem I had with a Malaguti scooter I had years ago, same starting and throttle issue. The fault I had with it was vacuum locking the fuel tank, the fuel tank breather was stuck shut and starving the engine. Try starting and running it with the fuel tank cap removed and see if it helps.

Pthornton1

Drives
Chinese Zuma 50c
Just noticed this thread and reminds me of the problem I had with a Malaguti scooter I had years ago, same starting and throttle issue. The fault I had with it was vacuum locking the fuel tank, the fuel tank breather was stuck shut and starving the engine. Try starting and running it with the fuel tank cap removed and see if it helps.
Okay so I just had this exact same problem on a brand new scooter. I played around with the feul lines multiple times. I checked everything and the issue was coming from what seemed to be the feul diaphram. I bypassed the diaphram and put a manual cutoff in place. It would fire up fine cold and run for a little while and then bog out the nd not start. I opened the gas tank and rode 20 miles no issue just now. I suppose taking out a piece of plastic would have been easier. I am currently taking Organic Chemistry, but figuring out the issue with this scooter was the most confusing problem I've delt with this week. I clearly have a lot to learn about the workings of a 50cc scooter. This is my first small engine work.

Derick

RMS Member
Drives
scooter
Found the fold , diaphragm in carp had a tear in ... replaced the diaphragm R180 bucks ... 100% ,,, Thanks for the help

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Found the fold , diaphragm in carp had a tear in ... replaced the diaphragm R180 bucks ... 100% ,,, Thanks for the help

glad you got it sorted.

Out of curiosity, how did you find this forum?

Derick

RMS Member
Drives
scooter
Looking for faults on Lynn and i saw your forum . thanks for the help ,,,,