Scrap Cars

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey all,

Just wondering if there is any law against someone keeping scrap cars in their driveway?

I appreciate they are on his property, however there is no way these are going to be repaired and they are just fit for the scrap yard. So the only reason I can see them being kept is he is too lazy and/or tight to have them removed.

Cheers.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
You being serious?

Of course I am being serious, do you permanently leave rubbish lying around your house? This is the same thing, they have been sitting there so long they have moss etc growing all over them. Neither would pass an MOT in a million years so I am at a loss as to what use they are serving.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Of course I am being serious, do you permanently leave rubbish lying around your house? This is the same thing, they have been sitting there so long they have moss etc growing all over them. Neither would pass an MOT in a million years so I am at a loss as to what use they are serving.
Well what I keep at or on my house is probably my business. That’s more what I’m getting at. The rest is just your opinion 👍

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Well what I keep at or on my house is probably my business. That’s more what I’m getting at. The rest is just your opinion 👍

Sure it's my opinion, I just can't understand why a person would want scrap cars on their driveway.

Last edited:

Boksic

RMS Regular
Hey all,

Just wondering if there is any law against someone keeping scrap cars in their driveway?

I appreciate they are on his property, however there is no way these are going to be repaired and they are just fit for the scrap yard. So the only reason I can see them being kept is he is too lazy and/or tight to have them removed.

Cheers.

I would like to see this law extended to stop him keeping ***** in his attic too.

Has he a fence that needs painted or a hedge he's let overgrow?

I hate when people think they can do what they want, with their own stuff, on their own property...

With that out of the way, plenty of classic cars that are on the road now were once in a state of disrepair, on someone's driveway covered in moss, with some gurning neighbours wondering why he's keeping that ***** about him 👍

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I would like to see this law extended to stop him keeping ***** in his attic too.

Has he a fence that needs painted or a hedge he's let overgrow?

I hate when people think they can do what they want, with their own stuff, on their own property...

With that out of the way, plenty of classic cars that are on the road now were once in a state of disrepair, on someone's driveway covered in moss, with some gurning neighbours wondering why he's keeping that ***** about him 👍

Storing things in your attic or not cutting your hedge are completely different, perhaps you would be happy to live next to a scrap yard, I’m not.

If they had some value or had a purpose, fair enough. However they have neither, which just makes them rubbish which he can’t be bothered to dispose of correctly.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
they could be his pride and joy or have sentimental value. he might think the car in your driveway is scrap. live and let live or move house.

Ok, lets presume they are either his pride and joy or have sentimental value. You would expect someone who has this attachment to them to look after them, not let them rot to pieces in their driveway. Doesn't scream that they have a lot of value to him, sentimental or otherwise.

And if I wanted to move, I would expect most sensible folks wouldn't want to live next to a scrap yard either.

Seems a lot of folks on here are happy to live next to a rubbish tip or scrap yard, I suspect if your neighbour starting dumping rubbish in their front garden you and the rest of your neighbours wouldn't be too happy about it.

Last edited:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
To be fair you don’t know people’s circumstances and maybe they’re not physically or mentally able to get rid of them. A lot of us came from and still are working class and have grown up with this sort of thing, speaking personally here, so much so I use scrap metal to subsidise my income and only Iv commercial premises my house would have alot more ‘scrap’ around it. Saying that have you rapped their door, said hi and even asked about the cars saying you know a fella could clear them from their driveway ;)

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Next time I run into him I will bring the subject up, I don't want to offend him as he is a decent guy.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Ok, lets presume they are either his pride and joy or have sentimental value. You would expect someone who has this attachment to them to look after them, not let them rot to pieces in their driveway. Doesn't scream that they have a lot of value to him, sentimental or otherwise.

And if I wanted to move, I would expect most sensible folks wouldn't want to live next to a scrap yard either.

Seems a lot of folks on here are happy to live next to a rubbish tip or scrap yard, I suspect if your neighbour starting dumping rubbish in their front garden you and the rest of your neighbours wouldn't be too happy about it.

lol your on a car forum crying about potential project cars lying on a driveway

get a life

you wouldn’t wanna live next door to me

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
lol your on a car forum crying about potential project cars lying on a driveway

get a life

you wouldn’t wanna live next door to me

If your attitude is **** everyone, my opinion is the only one that matters. You're right, I wouldn't want to live next to you.

Excuse me for taking a bit of pride in my area and not wanting it to look like a scrap yard.