Screen wash smell

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Anyone ever had a funky smell from the screen wash. It’s started after someone topped it up with god knows what brand or how it’s reacted to whatever screen wash I had. I’ve squirted it until empty and topped up again but it’s still a bit ripe
Other than run another pile of screen wash through it, I’m at a loss. Squirting the windows has became not so popular

brendy

RMS Regular
Bleach tablet in a full tank let it dissolve for an hour then run til empty, hide the area so there's no discolouring then fill with water and one type of screenash and stick with it.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Anyone ever had a funky smell from the screen wash. It’s started after someone topped it up with god knows what brand or how it’s reacted to whatever screen wash I had. I’ve squirted it until empty and topped up again but it’s still a bit ripe
Other than run another pile of screen wash through it, I’m at a loss. Squirting the windows has became not so popular
Can happen if someone just puts water in it, or a reaction between two brands. Had it in one of our cars once, just ran ehatbwas in it through it and then a fresh fill or screenwash. Been great since (over 2 years)

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Happened on my XC90. Don't think previous owner had screenwash. Then I put some in and it reacted with the algae or whatever green ***** was in it and clogged it up. Had the pump off cleaned it out. Stuck the hose through the tank to clean out the rest. Refit pump and that fixed it.
Absolutely stank when I first took it off.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Milton Sterilyser tablet and a fill of plain water should have that sorted quick time
I had the same in A4 and jets getting blocked. Ran till empty. I Used the Milton sterilisation liquid from Homebargins - 79p for 1 litre and filled with some hot water. Left overnight filled to brim. Ran the lot through jets next day and left hose on the water tank until it emptied out for few mins. Sorted.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Excellent.
yes it popped up when a service guy ‘topped it up’ with whatever nasty stuff he used or it reacted with whatever I use. But sounds handy fix.
currently smells like a buffalo is pishin over your windscreen.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
My dad filled mine up with some Tesco branded stuff, and it was stinking, truly awful and it took 2 more fills of scented windscreen wash to fully get rid of it

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I got with one of my old cars, for ages had thought neighbours cat was pishing on it. Was using some supermarket type screen wash that I was bought.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I used Tesco stuff for years and never had any bad smells. I use the anachem stuff now it is just better.