Wanted: SDS Cordless and Combi drill set.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers. Had a wee play with both there and think the Makita actually feels a bit better made.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is that a 996? How do you find it compared to the Makita? I thought the Dewalt didn’t feel as good quality?

Still looking at them though :joy:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Is that a 996? How do you find it compared to the Makita? I thought the Dewalt didn’t feel as good quality?

Still looking at them though :joy:
No it's a 796 (no idea why i thought i was getting a 996. I've looked at so many) 34kbpm so should be a good job. I'll let you know what it's like next week after using it.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Whats the torque like of the 796? Trying to work out if I actually need an impact driver too or if a good combi would DFR.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Whats the torque like of the 796? Trying to work out if I actually need an impact driver too or if a good combi would DFR.

Honestly I'm team Makita but as a school teacher have no real need for proper tools.
Obviously a proper combi is a must, but if your not convinced about your need for an impact driver then you should hang fire and buy the 20v Lidl Impact driver next time it's on sale. I've a figure of about £34 all in in my head. I'd spent several days in the company of my cousins (a joiner) Makita impact driver replacing floorboards so know what a good ones does and honestly the Lidl has done everything asked of it, including driving 80mm torx head anchor screws into block and dismantling a large home office. Could be worth a punt if you're not convinced of your need.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol. Would you have taken a full kit like that though?

I got a Makita DHP481 the other day for £70, I don’t think the seller realised what it was worth.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Bit like
Lol. Would you have taken a full kit like that though?

I got a Makita DHP481 the other day for £70, I don’t think the seller realised what it was worth.
Its like everything mate , man maths kicked in. Went from having a 300 odd budget to spending 550 (just bought a dab radio and 4ah battery)

I did sell my Makita for £130 though.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
The DeWalt line of impact drivers/wrenches continuously beat the competition, there's a good few youtube videos of the testing.
Used a workmates Bosch SDS cordless on Sat (his was closer to me than my new Dewalt) and it was far better. Hoping it may still be the newness of mine but i feel i need to put pressure on it to do anything whereas his i just let the drill do the work. Must get a go at another mates Dewalt SDS he's had a while for comparison.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.