Sealey 2002lehv low entry bright green jack.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Actually just discovered you can buy jacking beams! So one of those and a low jack (that lifts high) along with chassis stands could be the go...

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
That was actually the ‘safe’ thought, my creative side wonders could I use the jack with a beam on top.... that spans the width of the car... get a central and solid supporting chassis rail and use a single jack.

I wouldn’t do this with real cars..... just the kit car/single seater.... ie sub 500kg stuff

This is how I lift the MR2, it’s the most straight forward way. Just jack up from the centre of the subframe and slot in the axle stands!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Simon @lightning do you do anything that lifts this high?

I have been torturing myself looking at scissor lifts, and single post lifts, but a mate has bought stuff of these guys... And at the height these lift, could maybe use two..... Be careful! And get decent height to get chassis stands under

Sorry missed the tag. Sealey doesn't do anything as light as 1.5t in the high lift stuff, only the commercial and its over £300 unfortunately.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Cheers Simon, are there any jacks & compatible jacking beams you do which would get the car high enough to get 24" chassis stands under?

The commercial sealey one is the 80-800mm lifting one? Serious range that...

Never knew so many options existed!! Minefield

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Cheers Simon, are there any jacks & compatible jacking beams you do which would get the car high enough to get 24" chassis stands under?

The commercial sealey one is the 80-800mm lifting one? Serious range that...

Never knew so many options existed!! Minefield

Do you mean a cross beam adaptor or a jacking beam? We keep the cross beam adaptors they are £75. They specify 3 ton up jack to run it, unsure if the 2002lehv would run it or not, would need to do some research.

We don't stock the jacking beam but can get it.

No 74mm is our lowest.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I think cross beam adapter is the right term.

The car i’d Be lifting is only 500kg. I’m figuring with the cross beam adapter I could lift from a central position... in one go. Up to 600+mm off the ground to get 24” chassis stands under... without multiple stages between.

Probably easier to buzz you tomorrow when you are back in...

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning
Do you have any trolley Jack's £100
2/3 ton low entry?
Preferably sealey?
Thanks

Hi these hi vis sealey low entry ones from the first page of the thread are the cheapest low entry we offer at £114. Plenty in stock. Cheers.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Hi Simon, have you still got stock of these jacks? Going to need a replacement for my dead standard chassis jack and the long chassis one that I've just finished sorting out is a bit too big for manoeuvring around easily. :grinning:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Hi Simon, have you still got stock of these jacks? Going to need a replacement for my dead standard chassis jack and the long chassis one that I've just finished sorting out is a bit too big for manoeuvring around easily. :grinning:

Should have ok. I’ll check in the morning.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740

Yes plenty in stock. (y)