Seat altea no heat through the vents

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
As title partners car has no heat coming through the air vents. Blower works on every fan speed. It has climate control so doesnt have the usual resistor. Any ideas

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
If it has climate control it could be an issue with the temp sensor inside the car?

Different car entirely, but it still may be relevant. A wee Clio I had used to have Climate control, the sensor on them was mounted in a panel on the roof cloth and used to get clogged up with dust and dirt and prevented the heater from blowing out hot air.

Might be worth a look.

Failing that, Google common heater faults with the Altea, that’s how I found out about the Clio’s issue.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Cheers all when we got the car my mate ex vw mechanic done timing belt kit and water pump for me. Is the system not self bleeding? Both pipes at the matrix are hot so coolant must be circulating ok because if not surly 1 would be hot and the other cold
Another friend of mine plugged his computer into the car and nothing came up

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Temperature gauge working ok? Mums TT had hardly any heat, temperature gauge was all over the place; new thermostat sorted it all out

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Cheers all when we got the car my mate ex vw mechanic done timing belt kit and water pump for me. Is the system not self bleeding? Both pipes at the matrix are hot so coolant must be circulating ok because if not surly 1 would be hot and the other cold
Another friend of mine plugged his computer into the car and nothing came up
Was it VCDS?

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Temperature gauge working ok? Mums TT had hardly any heat, temperature gauge was all over the place; new thermostat sorted it all out
Yeah i think it is as we took it off the road first lockdown so havnt been driving it but heat stopped working a while before lockdown
Was it VCDS?
Whats vcds it was a delphi computer if that makes any difference

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yeah i think it is as we took it off the road first lockdown so havnt been driving it but heat stopped working a while before lockdown

Whats vcds it was a delphi computer if that makes any difference

VCDS is VAGCOM ... VAG group diagnostic software

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Got the blower working but still no heat. So started car and let it run. Was running for over an hr top rad hose was roasting and bottom one never heated and the rad fans never came on. But there was bubbles coming out of the expansion bottle when i squeezed the pipes

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Not sure i got timing belt waterpump and tensioner changed when we got the car with genuine tps stuff

brendy7

RMS Regular
Get in under the dash and turn it from hot to cold and see if the flaps are working as they should I think this happened to me and it was a we rod that had come off the arm of the flap popped it back on and all was good again

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Another question does anyone have the small piece of brake pipe for the left rear caliper on an altea mine just snapped changing the caliper fs