Seat Ateca Xcellence 2.0 TDI 4Drive

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So with our first baby due at the end of of summer, we have been keeping an eye out for something a bit bigger than the Mini. Mrs R has always liked these and we recently missed out on a grey one that Jason was getting in as it sold before it even arrived. The wife spotted this the minute it went on @Jason 's Facebook and the rest is history.

I know alot of people don't like them on here but after a good test drive, it was spacious enough for what we need, comfortable, smart looking and loaded with kit. These are much better value than than equivalent Tiguan, plus the wife prefers the Ateca.

So it's a 2017 Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI Xcellence 4drive in Bila White with black leather interior.

It comes with a very impressive spec list too:

LED Automatic Lights
4 Wheel Drive
Seat Sound Speaker System (similar to the Dynaudio I had in both my R and GTi)
Selectable Driving Modes
Keyless Entry
Power Tailgate
360 Camera Top View
Self Parking
Heated Windscreen
Adaptive Cruise Control
Wireless Phone Charging
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
Heated Leather
Rear Privacy Glass
Parking Sensors
Electric Folding Heated Mirrors
DAB Radio
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Nothing planned for this really as I don't think it needs anything. I'm not looking forward to cleaning those wheels though!

Some pictures 'borrowed' from the Cameron Cars Facebook page. This is the 3rd car we have purchased from @Jason over the years and I'd find it hard to go anywhere else. His stock is always immaculate, no hard sells and makes the process as easy as it could possibly be. They are highly recommended by us both.

20210506_164825.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318952425.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318954469.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318956783.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318958862.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318960649.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318962679.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318964675.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318973710.jpg
FB_IMG_1620318969979.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Just ended 3 years with a Tiguan and its no secret I wasn’t a fan of the car but it was absolutely brilliant for two newborn babies. Flexible inside, economical, easily parked and up until the last couple of weeks, reliable too.

Good choice for the nipper it’s amazing the crap you’ve to bring along and quite honestly ‘making do’ with anything smaller is just adding misery to the tiredness lol

RevT

RMS Regular
That looks smart for what you need it for. Those wheels would drive me nuts though, I’d be changing them right away. 🤣

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nice motor Nick. I give it under 12 months lol
This one is the wife's choice so if its changed it will be her fault 🤣. Might treat myself to something nice later in the year too. I'm going to be honest....I kind of enjoy my sub £1k passat for floating about in as a daily though.
That looks smart for what you need it for. Those wheels would drive me nuts though, I’d be changing them right away. 🤣
Yeah I'm dreading cleaning them 😭
Just ended 3 years with a Tiguan and its no secret I wasn’t a fan of the car but it was absolutely brilliant for two newborn babies. Flexible inside, economical, easily parked and up until the last couple of weeks, reliable too.

Good choice for the nipper it’s amazing the crap you’ve to bring along and quite honestly ‘making do’ with anything smaller is just adding misery to the tiredness lol
We went looking at prams the other day and there wasn't a mission of getting one into the mini boot.

The wife also wanted something a bit higher so this seemed like the perfect wagon.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane

The number of times people comment saying "we made do" when you get a bigger car or make any adjustments to make life with kids easier is laughable at times. Why "make do" if you can make easier.

@NickR85 congrats, leather great for cleaning up all the spills etc.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
We have done around 600 miles so far and are very happy with it. Comfortable, great sound system and the 360 view is excellent.

Had its first bath with the Anachem treatment too. Also got the plate on as the new V5 arrived quickly.
20210515_101909.jpg
20210515_115725.jpg
20210515_115737.jpg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Looks well kitted and the size should make some difference to travelling with a baby. Once you get a pram in a Mini boot (the ones that do fit) there’s not a lot of space options left inside the car.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Looks well kitted and the size should make some difference to travelling with a baby. Once you get a pram in a Mini boot (the ones that do fit) there’s not a lot of space options left inside the car.
That's the main reason for the change. The wife also wanted something a bit higher up.

davyk31

RMS Regular
A bit of height does make a huge difference to help putting a child in a car seat. So much easier on the back.

And everyone loves an excuse for a new car anyway :grinning:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
That's the main reason for the change. The wife also wanted something a bit higher up.

We’ve the same Mini but in a 3-door version and the other half is a gluten for punishment using it with a pram etc :joy:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
We’ve the same Mini but in a 3-door version and the other half is a gluten for punishment using it with a pram etc :joy:
We loved the mini and would love another at some point as a second car.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Or a Countryman Cooper SD if you want a nice practical runaround :grinning:

I might be selling mine very soon.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Or a Countryman Cooper SD if you want a nice practical runaround :grinning:

I might be selling mine very soon.
Give me a shout when you're selling and I'll take a look at the ad 👍

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Gave this a good clean over the weekend as it hadn't been touched since our daughter was born in mid September.

We have had this now for 6 months and done about 6k miles in that time. We still love it. Comfortable, loads of kit, goes well enough for what we need it for, plenty of space and a decent boot. Returns around mid 40s mpg too with mixed driving.

Only thing I've done to it is clean it, fit a travall dog guard and a hatchbag for the dogs. Only minor issue is with the height, the dogs need a helping hand up. That extra bit of height definitely helps with lifting baby seats in though.

Would highly recommended the Ateca to anyone in the market for that kind of car. Ignore the state of the drive...all our efforts were put into getting the inside of the house finished before the baby came!

20211118_130652.jpg

20211118_134039.jpg

Last edited: