Seat Leon Fr 150 Alarm While Driving (and More)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

David McCracken

RMS Member
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
has anyone had a similar problem?

alarm occasionally sounds and locks the car while im driving, only ever a minute or so after starting it.

what usually happens is i'll drive somewhere, lock up, return and try to open it (like today at the garage), this is when it chirps as if ive locked it, then i climb in, start it and it arms the alarm and gives me approx 10 seconds driving/running before it sounds. each time the only thing i can do is take the key out and hit 'unlock' and restart, then the cycle either repeats itself or it will drive no problems for the rest of the journey!

have heard it can be a dodgy drivers door mechanism, but ive got no idea! battery is a bit low but its been like that for months now and it still starts etc fine.

if anyone out there has an idea id appreciate some guidance!

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I would search on seat cupra.nets forum. You should get a sensible answer there.

I know there is a problem with the microswitches in some doors which can cause the car not to realise the doors been opened.

If you turn the lights on and open the door does the buzzer go to warn you? If it doesn't then the car probably doesn't realise the doors been opened.

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
Good point I'll have to check the light warning buzzer.

I think the previous owner has had it changed a bit with vagcom because it opens all doors with one press of the unlock button rather than just the drivers door, it also chirps once to let you know it's locked which I know isn't standard

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
Right i tried it again there and surprise surprise not a whisper from the alarm! The light warning buzzer went off (all I did was unlock, open door and turn lights on)

If it does it again I'll check the light buzzer again and hopefully that'll give me a solution

Good tip!

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I have a mk4 Ibiza and I know the micro switches can be dodgy so it's certainly worth checking the next time it happens as its prob the same type in your car. Don't think it's an expensive fix if it's that, that is the problem and I'm sure there's a guide on seat cupra.net.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sounds very similar to a common fault in the Passats where theres a faulty control module (CCM).

Might be another idea to have a look around for some info if you think it sounds right :grinning:

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
Is the CCM not the module that controls aircon, windows interior lights etc?

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
It got plugged in yesterday (£60) and in for a new door latch today (£207)

Not happy, wouldn't wish a SEAT on anyone right now

Why didn't I buy a type r!

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
Yeah it is, if you know someone with VCDS I'd have them diagnose it for you. That was actually down from £75 as I got in touch with David the parts guy through seatcupra.net forum and he gave me a discount.

New drivers door lock fitted, SERE mechanic was good enough to show me the old unit, one of the pins on the socket had completely corroded or burned away, apparently the same happened to part of the wiring loom that powers it which had to be replaced.

For info, the unit looked like it might have been easy enough to fit if your at all competent with screwdrivers etc so might be worth a go considering the part was £100 and labour was £110!

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
i have VCDS, just hope i never have to use it for fault finding lmao

Will def be looking into the beeping when locked/unlocked

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
New drivers door lock fitted, SERE mechanic was good enough to show me the old unit, one of the pins on the socket had completely corroded or burned away, apparently the same happened to part of the wiring loom that powers it which had to be replaced.

For info, the unit looked like it might have been easy enough to fit if your at all competent with screwdrivers etc so might be worth a go considering the part was £100 and labour was £110!
Did you have to remove the window mechanism too, as thats apart of the door catch is it not? Or can you remove the lock section seperately?

David McCracken

RMS Member
OP
David McCracken
Drives
'10 leon cupra s
Honestly have no idea, maybe that's why the labour was so much!

Come to think of it I think the 1p1 leons (mk2) have the locking and window mechanisms interconnected as a lot of people who have this problem on that model also complain that the windows roll themselves down randomly, and sometimes when the car is locked!

SEAT's are "really good" you know

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The catch and window mechanism is defintiely one part, as the whole interior light sensor is part of the catch section and is common to fail, so then you dont get any warnings of lights being left on or lights on when opening doors. Was reading up about it recently as i have that problem (turns out to be a broken bit of solder usually) but you have to spend about an hour taking the window mech etc out to do it and its not worth the hassle.

Im guessing the lock probably is part of it, but wasnt sure and thats why i just wanted to ask :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.