Seat Leon mk1 - Cupra 20v Turbo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
After 3 year with the 172 I'd been on the lookout for something that was a little more practical, quiet and comfy - without being boring! This came up and ticked all the boxes - it's an '03 mk1 Leon Cupra 20v Turbo. TBH it feels like a boat compared to the Clio, but I guess most things would in comparison...

It needs a little tidy up, a few of the plastics inside and out could do with being replaced - but is in pretty good shape.

Seat Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks well with the wheel colour, if it isn't mapped already then try and make that happen, transforms them Good torque from them and I'm getting over 40mpg on my commute into work!

JonnyH10

RMS Regular
Drives
MK6 Golf GTI
Looks very clean! Love them in red, and the wheel colour really suits it. (y)

As said a remap is worth doing, really improves them!

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Thanks! Enjoying it so far, very different from the Clio. Turbo vs. N/A is interesting and will take getting used to!

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
did this not belong to a previous member on here .. looks lovely paul health to enjoy .. might even nuy your clio if i ever sell the bike

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
did this not belong to a previous member on here .. looks lovely paul health to enjoy .. might even nuy your clio if i ever sell the bike

Cheers ferrett!

Yip it did, was chatting with him on PM there to get a bit of history!

Hopefully the Clio will be ready for sale soon!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks clean, nice example. I came from my 182 to 330CI so full appreciate the boat comment lol.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
After spending this year carting the bike around in the back of the stripped Clio, now that I've 5 doors and a full interior I wanted to keep that luxury! I bought the Thule Aero roof rack with a cycle carrier - I was seriously doubting the expense of it but once you start to piece the kit together you know that it is quality. I like how the Leon has mounting points so no ugly feet ruining door seals.

View of Rostrevor and my 2 favourite machines

Seriously enjoying the car so far, missing the go-kart feel that the Clio had but this is rather quiet and comfy to make up for that! lol

cliosportv6

RMS Regular
Well mate still enjoying the leon ? Really considering getting a
cupra R here as this derv is boring me lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Very nice mate.

A rear anti roll bar and some coilovers makes a world of difference to the feel of these if you fancy bringing some of the go karty feel back from your clio days. (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.