Seat Leon ST FR (184TDi)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Hi all,

Thought I would pop a thread up on my current car. I moved to Manchester just over 2 years ago and had a 318d Tourer company car for a few months. Renewal time arrived and settled for this. It's a Leon ST FR with the 184ps TDi engine. Technic Grey, 18" alloy upgrade, convenience pack, and roof bars. As you can see it's used to carry my bike about a fair bit and some camping. Nice big boot with flat folding rear seats gives me plenty of room for extra bikes and camping gear. As of today I've racked up almost 24000 miles in just over a year. It's a great car, handles well, quiet enough (apart from the roof bars with bikes on top at motorway speeds), and has only given me one real issue of stuttering on light throttle on ocassions. I'd gone for the 184 engine for the extra performance, but having driven the equivalent 150ps engine, it's only really in gear acceleration that is better. I'd say 0-60's et all, are pretty even. Fuel economy is around the high 40's. The cabin is really nice, seats are comfy and after 20 months of abuse, it's holding together really well. Here's a few photos. Sorry I don't have any other detailed shots.

DSC_0007edit by Colin, on Flickr

DSC_0187edit by Colin, on Flickr

DSC_0282edit by Colin, on Flickr

Cheers,

Colin

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
As said really nice in estate and grey.
Bound to catch a few people out when taking off.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Looks the part Colin. What part of Manchester are you in? I've lived in new Broughton as the last 3 years. Will keep an eye out for it.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
Yea, I'll be hard pushed to look passed an estate now.

Jamie, live in South Manchester now, Chorlton.

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Ah Colin, long time no real speak. Good to see your getting about over there, looks like it's doing the job rightly.

As has been said, that colour is great when the sun hits it.

Estates are the way forward, I couldn't think of what I'd replace our Passat with that wasn't an estate now (other than I like the Toureg's) lol. how times have changed :grinning:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks great, love SEAT cars soo much more bang for your buck as it were.

Actually I think that's the 1st estate Leon I've seen, love it.

Last edited:

warren

RMS Photographer
That's a brilliant looking car I must say. Estates are growing on me more and more every day

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.