SEAT Toledo alarm going off when driving

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
My Toledo has started to set the alarm off while driving, and only way to stop it is to stop the car, pull out the key and "unlock" it again.

Any ideas on where to start looking, all doors seem to lock and unlock fine.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
get its on vcds, it should tell you what is tripping it

before that, is there door or boot open symbol appearing on dash?

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
When you open the doors the interior lights should come on, if the lights don't come on when you open a door then that door module is dodgy and needs replaced. Obviously check all doors individually.

If that's not it VCDS is the next port of call.

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Are the ccm units under the carpet like the Passats ? They are notorious for water ingress etc if that’s the case

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
It did have a water leak problem, but that was sorted at Halloween, and car had been fine up until last night.
Light comes on with all doors, although puddle light not working on back right, so that could be culprit.
Didn't bring laptop home from work tonight so will get it onto VCDS tomorrow night and see what it says.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Can't get the thing scanned tonight as it keeps locking the doors and setting off the alarm, don't want to waken the juniors so it's a job for the weekend!

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Doubt there is any need to scan it, went out this morning and all windows were down, looks like the CCM to me.

Can a second hand one be coded to car, or does it have to be a new one?

colin84

RMS Regular
Doubt there is any need to scan it, went out this morning and all windows were down, looks like the CCM to me.

Can a second hand one be coded to car, or does it have to be a new one?

I had same issues with a B7 Passat. Fixed the water leak but the problem continued. Opened up the CCM which was under the carpet to find that it was soaking, and corrosion everywhere. An auto spark was able to salvage mine, although for all they cost these days it would be better replaced. I don't know if the Toledo is in the same location though.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
So got a second hand CCM from a Beetle today (great service from e Bayer was only ordered yesterday morning) plugged it in and has cured my alarm problem.
Checked all coding and got remote control locking working again, but boot lock doesn't seem to work now.
Not 100% sure if this is a coding issue or if my boot lock was knackered in the first place, but at least I can drive it again. Alarm goes off if I open the boot, and can hear something clicking when locking/unlocking the car, so will get it stripped in daylight and see what's what.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.