Selling a car question

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Just a quick one - I sold my S4 and took my plate off on Monday online, so it's back on it's original plates now. I still haven't received the V5 in the post. Because of this, the new owner can't pick it up until I can properly do the transfer. Question is, is there any way online I can update the details across to him so he can lift the car, rather than waiting on the V5 coming? Because god knows how long that will be.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Just a quick one - I sold my S4 and took my plate off on Monday online, so it's back on it's original plates now. I still haven't received the V5 in the post. Because of this, the new owner can't pick it up until I can properly do the transfer. Question is, is there any way online I can update the details across to him so he can lift the car, rather than waiting on the V5 coming? Because god knows how long that will be.
In short no you cant. You need to update the details on the new V5 which you are currently waiting on to arrive. When i took my plate off before i traded mine in a few months ago it only took 5 days for the new V5 to arrive.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS

May be too late to use this but could be worth a go
Yeah for that you need the reference number from the latest V5. Which is somewhere between Swansea and Lurgan at the moment. Thought that was the case, he'll just have to wait!