Selling a registration on retention

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have a registration on retention that I may have found a buyer for. I have no idea of the process involved in selling it though - do I just hand over the retention certificate to them once I get payment?

Reactions: Ben

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I have a registration on retention that I may have found a buyer for. I have no idea of the process involved in selling it though - do I just hand over the retention certificate to them once I get payment?
Yep. When I sold mine I sent them a scan of it after recieving payment, then posted it out.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I think technically you're supposed to fill in the new nominee part woth their details but I could be wrong.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Bump.
How hard is it to sell a plate to someone? I'm looking to buy the reg of a car I sold, but the person says it's too much hassle. If they do it online is it straight forward ?

This is the wife of the guy who I sold the car to. He's ill and she's selling his cars so I dont blame her if it's more hassle than she needs at the min.
From what I've read she needs to fill out a V778 or V750 and the details off my V5C but can it all be done online if I tell her the info ? As in she doesn't need to physically fill out forms or post anything ?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Bump.
How hard is it to sell a plate to someone? I'm looking to buy the reg of a car I sold, but the person says it's too much hassle. If they do it online is it straight forward ?

This is the wife of the guy who I sold the car to. He's ill and she's selling his cars so I dont blame her if it's more hassle than she needs at the min.
From what I've read she needs to fill out a V778 or V750 and the details off my V5C but can it all be done online if I tell her the info ? As in she doesn't need to physically fill out forms or post anything ?

Tell her to go here and hit the green button about halfway down the page.

Private (personalised) number plates

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Tell her to go here and hit the green button about halfway down the page.

Private (personalised) number plates
I sent her the link for "selling a registration" but I don't think she'll bother.

Once she fills out that link you're talking about, her car goes back to its original plate? Then is it up to me to sort out putting it on my car ? (When I bought it I did it myself but cant remember the process)