Senditnow - Wheels

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Got a guy in England looking to buy my wheels so trying to find the most economical way of sending them. A quick search says senditnow and send them as 2 packages. Each wheel and tyre weighs 16.7Kg so 33.4Kg for each package. So, is there a weight limit and will they lift something this weight?
Cheers
D

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
used them before, big 17x9.5" rims with fat paradas on it, they came to something silly like 17-18kg each and i put it through as 2 parcels of 30kg fine

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'd give him the option of 4 individual parcels and let him chose which to go for. You don't want to be responsible if Parcel Force turn awkward about the weight of 2.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'd give him the option of 4 individual parcels and let him chose which to go for. You don't want to be responsible if Parcel Force turn awkward about the weight of 2.

I'd be paying the postage anyway Ian as I've agreed a delivered price with him

Sam.

RMS Regular
I've used senditnow for a gearbox in wooden crate that was way over 30kg (Near 50kg I believe), so I'd say you'll be fine. Also used them for a set of steel wheels and packaged them 2x2. No problem either.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
30 kilos is the limit

I got two packages sent over, each was about 35 kilos but I just said each was 30 kilos when making out the details on the site, sure enough they arrived, no extra charges, maybe I was lucky.

colin84

RMS Regular
As I've said before, they may or may not take it if its overweight. I sent some car parts I sold on ebay that came to 32kg, and the driver took them without a problem. The buyer contacted me a week later to say he hadn't received them yet, so after a call to the parcel force depot they told me that it was found to be overweight and had been held at the depot. Although nobody bothered to tell me and even said they had tried to return it and put a card through the door, which they hadn't.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Can get lucky or get caught out bit risky

If you drop at depot I've always been weighed if u arrange collection by driver they won't weigh but chance they be weighed at depot too

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I booked the courier to collect my rollbar for my mx5. The guy I was buying it off gave me the weight and dimensions.

Cheapest postage was £20 or so, so went with that. Got an email a while later with a £40 fine for sending overweight. I measured and weighed it and it was over what the seller had told me. Since they had all my details I paid it as it was fair enough, though I was told the wrong information.

Don't know if I would risk it now, pretty sure that was with ni-parcels

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Got 4x 18 inch wheels and tyres from England last month in 4x parcels, cost £75 but I paid extra for the extra insurance, arrived nice and safe though in 3 days :grinning:

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Ive been overweight with parcels on multiple occasions and never had any issues, on the other hand I had to repackage a couple of sets due to being 10/15kg overweight :p

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I had a set sent through with tyres on 40kg each and the went over for something daft for £20 the lot! That was dropping to the depot

pablo

RMS Moderator
fill them with helium :grinning:

seriously - ask him can he pick up from his local parcelforce depot. If he can select this depot to depot option on senditnow and its 6quid a package to 30kgs each.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone ever chosen to get 4 wheels sent to a Post Office? It is an option on the website to get parcels sent to a PO, but I'm dubious about some aul doll having to handle 4 23kg wheels?!

pablo

RMS Moderator
you can get it delivered to the depot but the guy on the other end will have to drop off at a depot. cheap as chips too, 6 quid a package ish.

edit - stuck on repeat :p

I got stuff sent to a PO before and it was a pain, AND they charged me an extra 2 quid or something to release it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye, I'm waiting to hear back on that option. Its 18miles from them though :worried:.