Senditnow - Wheels

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Was going to use senditnow for 4 M3 rims I’ve sold but thanks to this thread I’m staying clear!

booked a collection with Paisley Freight, due to be collected next Tuesday...

anyone used them?
Is it better to package as 4 individual boxes or 2 boxes together?

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Was going to use senditnow for 4 M3 rims I’ve sold but thanks to this thread I’m staying clear!

anyone used them?
Is it better to package as 4 individual boxes or 2 boxes together?
Yes 4 singles . Two delivered on Thursday and the other two on the Friday lol buyer arranged the freight etc I had nothing to complain about

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
UPDATE!

All 4 wheels are now with me at home. Almost 3 weeks since I first arranged the courier - and paid for next day by noon delivery. Now they're refusing to give me any money back as they say:

I am afraid that due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the depots are experiencing mass illness and high volumes of parcels which is causing delays and backlogs. This has forced us to suspend our service guarantees until further notice. Due to this we are currently unable to refund any late deliveries.

Ah well, at least I have the wheels now, and they were still a bargain.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin

anyone used them?
Yes - used, to my abject regret, and have spent the last few years trying to help other people avoid them. It would be better if you just took the sledge to them yourself, then threw them in the bin, then set the bin on fire. At least that way you'd get the craic out of it and you would save yourself some money.
PaisleyFreight are a small agent, with multiple start-up companies owned by the same people, with no underwriting and no insurance.

SiN are not perfect but they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Parcelforce, so at least they have the backing of that for loss claims.
There is currently a problem with tickets not generating through to Parcelforce depots and they are also operating at way above capacity with reduced staff. They didn't collect anything for four days at the start of the month in an effort to catch up but that wasn't communicated through the SiN website. It should be fairly well known by now that every courier still operating is delivering slower than usual due to the volume, not to mention the extra distance of NI deliveries. SiN is a cut price service using the UKs biggest courier, and when there isn't a global pandemic it's one of the best value available. They're slower than the full price Parcelforce, but who else is bringing four wheels from Southampton to Coleraine for £26?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
They're slower than the full price Parcelforce, but who else is bringing four wheels from Southampton to Coleraine for £26?
SiN aren't anyway. They charged me about £65 for a next day service that actually took 11 days, ignored all communication for 5 of those days, then tried to deliver them back to the sender, then told me that I had to rebook it for collection, even though it was at their depot. I'll be the first one to give companies a bit of leeway due to the pandemic - but this had nothing to do with it, this was just pure bad service. I'd definitely not use them again, or recommend them to anyone

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Yes - used, to my abject regret, and have spent the last few years trying to help other people avoid them. It would be better if you just took the sledge to them yourself, then threw them in the bin, then set the bin on fire. At least that way you'd get the craic out of it and you would save yourself some money.
PaisleyFreight are a small agent, with multiple start-up companies owned by the same people, with no underwriting and no insurance.

SiN are not perfect but they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Parcelforce, so at least they have the backing of that for loss claims.
There is currently a problem with tickets not generating through to Parcelforce depots and they are also operating at way above capacity with reduced staff. They didn't collect anything for four days at the start of the month in an effort to catch up but that wasn't communicated through the SiN website. It should be fairly well known by now that every courier still operating is delivering slower than usual due to the volume, not to mention the extra distance of NI deliveries. SiN is a cut price service using the UKs biggest courier, and when there isn't a global pandemic it's one of the best value available. They're slower than the full price Parcelforce, but who else is bringing four wheels from Southampton to Coleraine for £26?

MyHermes beat their record yesterday of the number of parcels to be delivered in NI...

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Auto doc are pissing me off at the moment. They sent me an email last week saying there was a delay with my order and gave me a £3 voucher. Been saying waiting for pick up for 6 days now. Delivery was £8.50 should have just went to the auto factors.

Screenshot_20200616-125639.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
UPDATE!!!

All is forgiven. I just got a full refund issued for the shipping, which I didn't even ask for. I asked them for half the price refunded as good will, but if they aren't able to do that I'd be happy with the difference I paid for next day delivery. Logged in there now and I have a full refund. I'll probably use them again now tbh.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Wasn't there someone on here who used to abuse work trips to get free postage on wheels

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Got 4 18" wheels and tyres sent across from Manchester to Belfast at a cost of £72.50 through Paisley Freight. Was slightly worried after reading @surprising_skoda review.

Ordered Wednesday, picked up on Thursday, told on Friday that they're stuck in the hub and that the sender needs to pay a further £72.50 as they're oversized despite having normal packaging on each separate wheel, arrived Monday at 1pm.

Great timing, if a little weird. Would be cautious to use again if I'm honest.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.jpg

IMG_20200622_142455.jpg

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Used Paisley Freight last week, 2 days late for collecting the wheels but quick (3 days) delivery to Norwich
Decent quick customer service via email too

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
@Gaz VW would you risk senditnow again or should I just pay an extra few quid and go straight to parcelforce?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
@Gaz VW would you risk senditnow again or should I just pay an extra few quid and go straight to parcelforce?
Good question. It probably depends on how urgently you need the items. Like, mine did get here - just about a fortnight late and in two separate shipments. I had an understanding seller too who was helpful when they tried to deliver them back to him. Plus I got fully refunded. TBH I probably would use them, provided what I needed wasn't urgent. Best case scenario is it's not urgent, they send them a fortnight late and give you your money back I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good question. It probably depends on how urgently you need the items. Like, mine did get here - just about a fortnight late and in two separate shipments. I had an understanding seller too who was helpful when they tried to deliver them back to him. Plus I got fully refunded. TBH I probably would use them, provided what I needed wasn't urgent. Best case scenario is it's not urgent, they send them a fortnight late and give you your money back I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Emmm...

No rush my end but don't want to **** the seller about tbh. I'll go direct. ParcelForce say they can collect it tomorrow whereas SIN doesn't seem to commit to any collection dates lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Personally I’d stick with Send it Now. Just check with the seller if they are flexible for collection- most people are at home anyway These days so won’t mind.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Personally I’d stick with Send it Now. Just check with the seller if they are flexible for collection- most people are at home anyway These days so won’t mind.

Seller didn't seem that keen. Took some convincing to get him to package it up for a courier, never mind sit about waiting for potentially a fortnight lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
So booked yesterday afternoon directly with PF and collected at 10am today. So more money but a bit more reliable. They say it'll be with me Monday.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Whatever you do never use ParcelMonkey. I used them to deliver a back box and centre section for my Sti. They were cable tied together and within size and weight limits. Only the back box turned up then they found the other part at their depot and insisted I pay for delivery again as it wasn't attached properly! Cable ties and duct tape not strong enough it seems lol. Never again.

colin84

RMS Regular
I've had small issues with senditnow maybe 3 times, in probably around 500 deliveries. Could it just be down to a lack of staff and red tape over covid?

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Whatever you do never use ParcelMonkey. I used them to deliver a back box and centre section for my Sti. They were cable tied together and within size and weight limits. Only the back box turned up then they found the other part at their depot and insisted I pay for delivery again as it wasn't attached properly! Cable ties and duct tape not strong enough it seems lol. Never again.

Parcel Monkey is just another agent though, same as send it now. It wouldn't be going to parcel monkey themselves