Sensible Volvo

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honey please don't be mad, lol! Spent over a year procrastinating over something sensible, with four doors, and a decent boot. Then ended up accidentally getting this on the way back from Christmas holidays.

Well, two out of three ain't bad 🙃 :innocent:

Brought her back from Stratford upon Avon on Thursday, via some nice Snowdonia squiggly bits. With two runs over Pen-y-Pas. As one does in one's Volvo. Estate!

Couple of pictures of her clean and coated today by the master @big_pete . No immediate plans other than enjoying, pretty much perfect as is. Maybe one or two small tweaks when the weather improves.

P1080025.JPG

P1080073.JPG

P1080043.JPG

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Wow that’s tasty, more pics needed and some interior shots!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Get all the boy-racing out of your system before next month 🥳

Looks class, can’t wait to see/hear it in the flesh. HTD.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wow that’s tasty, more pics needed and some interior shots!

This will have to do for now. It's the important bit :innocent:

P1080086.JPG

Couldn't list everything that's in there, barely worked out half of it, lol.

Basically Polestar started off with every box in the Volvo catalogue ticked. Even heated rear seats, lol, I didn't even know that was a thing 😅

Then added Öhlins and revised the rest of the suspension to match. Brembo 6-pots on 371mm discs. Huge wheels with a painted on strip of Michelin Pilot Sport on top. Reprogrammed the gearbox, revised exhaust, etc., and then went to work on the engine.

Holy yes!!

Amazing Nick, serious machine!

Is the S3 retired now or is this an addition?

Another member of the family for now. With the S3 not having to do so much boring stuff there are ... opportunities :innocent: We shall see. Or maybe I'll just grow up and act my age 😅

Health to drive, which engine?

That's the Polestar version of the T6.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep that's class, surprisingly not yellow however! More pics needed as said. Enjoy!

Dog or baby? 🤔

Lol 😅 She did this on Sunday morning, as one does in one's Volvo.

Then spent the afternoon tinkering with the Öhlins, as one does in one's Volvo, lol. Even better now.

They sadly didn't come in yellow! Default choice was Polestar blue, with Onyx black metallic, ice white, and silver metallic as options. I think this black metallic is the best colour for them.

P1080014.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not too many of these about in these shores. Great buy!

Volvo Belfast say they've only ever sold two. UK it's about 150-200 with 1.5-2k world wide.

The new one just out now has a similar run.

Proper engine soundtrack then :grinning:

Oh YES!!! 😅 😅 😅

When I arrived for the test drive the sales guy went "just wait here while I start it up for you" - the bastid knew it was sold there and then, the rest was just a formality :joy::joy::joy:

Nothing this side of an F-Type R even comes close!

It's hilarious - the number of people who do a double take at the noise, and then completely fail to compute what their eyes see and their ears hear 🙃

Last edited:

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Fantastic car. I absolutely loved mine, still regret selling it. Not really comparable to a standard T6 there has been so many changes. Handling/braking especially are very surprising and the noise is 🤗

I have 2 brand new oe pilot super sports I never fitted you can have cheap, pm me if interested.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Now that is lovely. In a world of bling, chince, carbon fibre dipped wing mirror extensions, etc... that's refreshing.

I'm sure you're well chuffed with it.

scub

Banned
seems anytime Polestar get hold of a volvo the results are top notch.
that looks superb sir & bet it goes as well as it looks. how many ponies have they squeezed out of it?
you're winning 👌

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
excellent choice, would love to upgrade to one of these down the line and yes it would have to be the 6 cylinder! as an all rounder i cant think of a better model.