RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
"You lookin' at me?"
"You lookin' at ME?"

P1130061.JPG

Phew, got a bit tense in the driveway there the other week, lol! Epic nineties awesomeness meets epic nineties awesomeness :cool:

In fact, the nineties rock as far as cars go. Only been downhill ever since, lol. And that's a fact 😁

Emma away for paint over the next few weeks. Will miss her!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Emma away for paint, left a big hole in the garage, lol :innocent:

In the meantime finally got around to fitting the new wheels to Vera. Much better! They got stuck on the shelf all last year because of lockdown, and then I didn't want to get them on just at the start of winter. But now finally done.

Coated by @big_pete as well. The factory finish on these wheels is amazing, but the coating just takes it another level again. Much easier to keep them clean too.

P1140002.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They were used on the 2018 cars, still original Polestar wheels. Got them brand new from America in February last year, just after I bought the car. Then got stuck on the shelf through lockdown and winter...

I just think they work so well against the black paint, not as bright. They're very shiny though, lol, the finish is fantastic πŸ˜‡

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had a good couple of weeks off in England with Vera - a week in Dorset and a week in Yorkshire with a couple of days in Cambridge in between. She really fits right in with the posh countryside, lol. Rain, storms and cold most of the time but we couldn't care less, just brilliant to be out of the house! And finished on a high 😎 And the wee Polestar just gobbles up the miles, can't get enough. Amazing GT cruiser!

Also managed to get an afternoon at Goodwood. Now that is a track and a half! Was a BMW "experience day", but I just wanted to drive the track and couldn't care less about the cars, lol. So while everyone else was squabbling over the big M-cars I had fun in the Mini JCW GP. Not a bad wee car at all, and the track is just superb. Has to be experienced, there is literally nothing else like it.

Last couple of days also turned out to be the first bank holiday weekend since lockdown. And the sun was out. And all of England πŸ˜… As in ALL of England! Just crazy those English, so they are πŸ˜…

Stowe house and gardens, Buckingham
P1140427.JPG

P1140489.JPG

Stourton, Wiltshire

P1140499.JPG

P1140529.JPG

Tank museum at Bovington, Bere Regis, in Dorset. Now that is another place and a half! Hundreds of tanks of all shapes and sizes, from the start right up to modern day. Great exhibitions as well.
P1140558.JPG

P1140562.JPG

Goodwood race control 😎
P1140574.JPG

Anglesey Abbey, Cambridge
P1140382.JPG

P1140412.JPG

Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire - what a place 😁
P1140773.JPG

P1140791.JPG

P1140807.JPG

P1140842.JPG

Stump Cross caverns.
P1140614.JPG

Malham Cove on the way to the ferry - got a bit busy here! Crazy English πŸ˜…
P1140852.JPG

P1140858.JPG

P1140879.JPG

Attachments

• P1140499.JPG
    P1140499.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210527_160407.jpg
    20210527_160407.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P1140872.JPG
    P1140872.JPG
    305.9 KB · Views: 40

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
And then on to Ryan for a sneak preview of Emma. She's been up there a while now getting tarted up 😎 A bit weird seeing the car stripped back like this. It's ridiculously clean underneath - no rust, nothing seized. I guess that means a discount then πŸ˜…:innocent:

P1140984.JPG

P1140977.JPG

A sneaky sample here :innocent: The sill cover is final body colour. Absolutely like glass, polished obsidian. Unreal. The roof rail is trim colour - all the side trims, bumpers, etc., will be finished like that. The wheels will be the same colour as the trim but gloss. She will look spectacular! Get the sunglasses out, lol 😎😁

P1140990.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't think there is a single 3.0 for sale at the moment unless one has come up recently. There are a couple of the newer 2.0 I think. The 2.0 would have a more modern interior and better economy, but it's the 3.0 you want to be honest. The noise, oh my, the noise :cool: Goes too :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't know if I've mentioned this before but she does look good in the country πŸ˜…

Castle Ward and Strangford.
P1150169.JPG

P1150218.JPG

Bryngwyn, Wales.
P1150361.JPG

P1150380.JPG

P1150399.JPG

Also made an appearance at the Volvo 600 at Elvington, got to meet the family 😎 More about that here:
P1150863.JPG

And finally another wee teaser of Emma. Can't contain myself πŸ˜… She'll be something else once all done!
Paint5.jpeg

Hec222

RMS Regular
Drives
A few things
Beautiful motor and nice performance. I could see me in one of these but the economy from that 2.0d just stole me this time, O’ and those cranberry leather seats πŸ₯°πŸ€£

Attachments

• 0BD8C8C3-1F54-4848-A1D8-DF2D3F681B01.jpeg
    0BD8C8C3-1F54-4848-A1D8-DF2D3F681B01.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 40

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
She misses her friend πŸ₯Ί

IMG-20210902-WA0004.jpg

P* left last night for a new home.

A little bit sad, nicest car in the known universe to spend time in, and with so much humour when the right road appeared. There is no other performance car like this. None of that Nurburg balls, just big smiles. But I just didn't need two big cars. Don't know what will replace her, something a little smaller but still nice for the winter motorways. Have some ideas, we'll see.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I do miss the P*, amazing car, the most surprising car I've ever owned. Still not quite sure what happened last week, lol. I'm glad we spent some time together, but it was just too big for me in the end.

New sensible daily sorted. It's very... sensible :joy: Yes, that's the word πŸ˜… Exactly that :innocent:

I'll probably merge all the threads into one at some point. For now this will be the sensible car thread.

Just a dealer pic, only because I'm maybe a teeny wee bit excited, lol - a friend said "more excited than twins at Christmas"! It will get another plate and good tyres but that will be it. Totally standard. It's the new sensible daily after all! Collecting on Friday next week.

Smaller, sensible, comfy for English motorways - one out of three ain't bad πŸ˜…

IMG-20210907-WA0001.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I do miss the P*, amazing car, the most surprising car I've ever owned. Still not quite sure what happened last week, lol. I'm glad we spent some time together, but it was just too big for me in the end.

New sensible daily sorted. It's very... sensible :joy: Yes, that's the word πŸ˜… Exactly that :innocent:

I'll probably merge all the threads into one at some point. For now this will be the sensible car thread.

Just a dealer pic, only because I'm maybe a teeny wee bit excited, lol - a friend said "more excited than twins at Christmas"! It will get another plate and good tyres but that will be it. Totally standard. It's the new sensible daily after all! Collecting on Friday next week.

Smaller, sensible, comfy for English motorways - one out of three ain't bad πŸ˜…

View attachment 334730

Jonny tease you with his two into buying this? :joy:

Great fun these cars, had a drive in a black one in this shape and was really surpirsed by it, proper hooligan car!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Jonny tease you with his two into buying this? :joy:

Great fun these cars, had a drive in a black one in this shape and was really surpirsed by it, proper hooligan car!
Got it in one, had both of his out πŸ˜… Still clinging on to Nikki's FK2, lol. Keep forgetting stuff whenever I go to the shops and forever having to go back :innocent:πŸ˜‚

I had the FK8 over the weekend. Mighty performance and superb all-rounder! But a big car, the same size as the Polestar (no joke, it really is!), even the same size boot. Driving experience very similar too, which says a lot about just how good the Polestar actually is!

But I was after something smaller and was ready to pull the trigger on an i30N on Sunday night when Jonny said to take the FK2 instead. Swapped over on Monday afternoon, literally instant love, Wednesday morning I done the deal on Bruce πŸ˜…

Not at all what I was looking for, and definitely not what I need, but just had to have one in my life.

It's definitely more focussed than the FK8, and definitely rides harder, cough. But bar the worst country lanes or city moonscapes it's absolutely fine. I think the seats are better; exact same equipment inside; just as happy bouncing (sic!) down a country lane as floating in traffic. When you really push I think it is better, though the FK8 does just get better and better the harder you go.

I think it just depends on where you are coming from. From a modern M3/4 or RS4 you would definitely want the FK8. But from something more focussed you would definitely want the FK2.

Just two very different cars. Both immense to drive, they just go about it differently.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yea he told me I'd like the FK8 over the FK2 for a daily. Said the 2 was an absolute hooligan, I agree with him from the short drive I had in a 2.

Fun hot hatch, manual and affordable it's a no brainer. Tuning potential and again you get good reliability. I'd be all over one, fun to look at too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Merging threads, the story continues here: