settling of lowering springs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
hi
I had eibach pro kit fitted yesterday to my c class mercedes
these are a 40mm lowering spring, I honestly can't see even 1mm of difference from standard,

my mechanic reckons they will settle and look better with the 19s fitted but I am not so sure..

will these settle down or would I be better just removing them for a different brand, I have seen plenty of these c class lowered on springs which sit alot nicer

I am getting 19" alloys fitted on saturday which are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear so should help fill it out a bit better

standard height:
16709425_383340758703213_1007305093_o.jpg

"lowered"
16805492_384969601873662_1390006807_o.jpg

Mk2Dubber

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Just a thought, yours is a Sport Edition from the factory.
A lot of aftermarket spring manufacturers will quote -30mm or -40mm or whatever from standard height. If yours is lowered from the factory by for example -20mm, A -30mm kit depending on how its's marketed by the supplier may only lower your car by 10mm.

Just ordered H&Rs for my own and it's a -40mm kit. Mine is an A6 sport form the factory that iirc is lowered by -15 or -20 form factory so I am only expecting a -20 or -25 drop.

Although allow up to a couple of weeks driving for them to settle first before ripping them out or changing.

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
just a quick note make sure the bump stops have been cut because if they haven't you wont get the drop, and as said above if its a sport then you will only get 25/30mm drop. take the car a good drive and see how it sits after.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I think you've actually managed to raise it with the lowering springs. I had the same thing with an A4, really annoying when it doesn't meet your expectations

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Yeah settling isn't something i've ever experienced. To me, settling is when the car is lowered down off the ramp and the suspension loads itself with the weight of the car. it may find another few mm 100 yds down the road a bit after the suspensions been through a few cycles but it won't magically find 30 mm in the next few weeks.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
It has only moved 2 mile up the road,
It still has the standard spring pads fitted, have read on a few forums owners are replacing with thinner pads

Gaz86

RMS Regular
As others have said before, they might settle a few mm but that's about it. My Eibach springs are 50mm but with it being an S Line and being slightly lower as standard I only gota 40mm drop, could be something along those lines. 99% of my cars have been lowered and I've never seen them drop any more weeks after being fitted. Generally once the car's off the ramp and you take the handbrake off to let the load transfer onto the springs, that is what you've got

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I understand that.but these spring have made literally no difference. If anything they look higher :worried: wonder why

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Check with your supplier that they're definitely the right spring. I've been given incorrect springs before

Can't see your images by the way. Just says IMG

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Images working ok for me.

Stick a few miles on it and see. I've seen springs settle a bit but they were not good quality like eibach.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Images working ok for me.

Stick a few miles on it and see. I've seen springs settle a bit but they were not good quality like eibach.
I think the cheaper one settle more due to not being as good of quality.
Image is from facebook gaz so maybe your work has that blocked?

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
wouldn't know, I leave my car to a mechanic, and hes a real good one so I would assume so @Jordy

really annoying though as I will have to remove them and return at a heavy cost :worried: and then repay for new ones to be fitted,

I understand my car being a sport and that the 40mm drop might not happen fully, but the springs look higher ffs

I have checked the part number on the eibach site and it matches what I ordered

saxo_man

RMS Regular
wouldn't know, I leave my car to a mechanic, and hes a real good one so I would assume so @Jordy

really annoying though as I will have to remove them and return at a heavy cost :worried: and then repay for new ones to be fitted,

I understand my car being a sport and that the 40mm drop might not happen fully, but the springs look higher ffs

I have checked the part number on the eibach site and it matches what I ordered

Could it have already been lowered unknown to you? Wouldn't have put same springs back in again? Like others I've never seen springs settle.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Could it have already been lowered unknown to you? Wouldn't have put same springs back in again? Like others I've never seen springs settle.

no the car was 100% standard and Springs were bought brand new and fitted, It has really left me disapointed, I think I will have to pay to have them removed and order coilovers which I didn't want to do to a good car (n)

the sports come lowerred 15mm already, so i should have gained a 25mm drop, theres just no way this has happened

saxo_man

RMS Regular
no the car was 100% standard and Springs were bought brand new and fitted, It has really left me disapointed, I think I will have to pay to have them removed and order coilovers which I didn't want to do to a good car (n)

the sports come lowerred 15mm already, so i should have gained a 25mm drop, theres just no way this has happened

Do you have the old springs?

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
phoned eibach and the part number is for the 4matic model which is not mine so thats why they made no difference,

thanks for the replies guys, it looks like its going to be coilovers then

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Can you not get the right ones?

there are so many different brands available selling ones advertised between 25 and 45mm lowering, rang the spoiler centre and they can get 50mm vmaxx ones which would give me a 35mm drop but a 2 week waiting time, and I checked on the vmaxx site and they only list a 40mm spring which drop me 25mm:rolleyes: so I'm not sure if springs is the way to go as I dont want to be disappointed again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.