Shedding in a Civic

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Thought id start a thread on my extremely boring runabout to try and motivate myself to sort it out. A few months ago after several troublesome diesels, I decided the best thing I could buy is a cheap petrol car to run back and forward to work in (an 8 mile round trip.) Ive always loved the EP shape civics and found this 1.6 Sport for sale alarmingly cheap with it "needing droplinks". The car seemed straight enough and although it was glaringly obvious that the horrendous knocking from the front was more than droplinks, I took a chance on it. Now as you can see from the pictures it was owned by your typical honda owner, absolutely buried at the back, crap looking stock wheels and it also had a 4-2-1 manifold, decat, middle section delete and a Spoon N1 backbox. I had the worst headache of my life driving it back from coleraine!

90594323_2755298424525229_7722605524696432640_n.jpg

The tail lights were damaged so I replaced them with pre facelift units that do away with the fast and furious chrome but I don't have a picture at the minute, I also removed the broken rear wiper and replaced it with a bung. Next up was the exhaust, bought a full standard exhaust system and it has made the car so much easier to live with! As for the knocking, turns out the front BC racing coilovers were totally shot so I replaced them with standard struts and 35mm eibach springs. I also serviced it, the engine runs really sweet and I'd like to keep it that way. The standard wheels were then replaced with Type R wheels which leads my up to today where I gave it its first wash in about a month!

119480618_1757267277757293_2940188560117931564_n.jpg

The to do list for now is:
-D/S/F ABS sensor
-Track rod ends and alignment
-Rear brake pads
-2 Tyres
-Downstream oxygen sensor
-Source and fit the correct front bumper (currently a pre facelift bumper with facelift lip)
-Buff headlights and generally give the car a good scrub inside and out
-Replace the Sony touchscreen radio with a pioneer unit

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Baguettes
Tidy! For some reason I have a soft spot for these. Health to drive.

Cheers mate, I originally didnt plan to keep it but its still here and aint going anywhere! Put new tyres and track rod ends on it today then took it for an alignment, drives like a totally different car! Just need to keep working away at it until it's 100% 😎

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Baguettes
Owned this car from about 2 days before lockdown and have literally only drove it to work and back and drive our Arona the rest of the time so I thought id take it on a run down some back roads after replacing the tyres and track rod ends. I'm surprised just how well it handles! However as it started to get darker I noticed the headlights are a couple of tea lights... I'll run the headlight alignment machine over them tomorrow and see if it makes any odds, if not a set of nightbreakers may be on the cards...

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-20 at 20.17.25 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-20 at 20.17.25 (3).jpeg

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Baguettes
I'd love to get another EP, my first car was an EP2 and I tortured that poor thing, loved it though!

I have to say theres something wonderfully childish about holding it on the 4.5k limiter and dumping the clutch 😶 Thats what I love about having cheap cars, you can abuse the life out of it and not care too much 😂

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I have to say theres something wonderfully childish about holding it on the 4.5k limiter and dumping the clutch 😶 Thats what I love about having cheap cars, you can abuse the life out of it and not care too much 😂

Tell that to the poor head gasket and driveshafts that were replaced like service items lmao

Might have to start looking for a nice EP3 Premier...