Shell Optimax / 98 Ron fuel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sonik

RMS Regular
Is shell optimax available in Northern Ireland or are there any other petrol stations selling 98 ron?

pablo

RMS Moderator
ultimate is 97 - i seem to recall its 95 with additives rather than proper 97 or something but any cars Ive had run well on it. that or shell super if poss.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
I must admit I use it myself, that and the Shell V Power when in the south and they are both quite good.

sonik

RMS Regular
OP
sonik
thought that was the case, got a full fill of bp ultimate last night and seems to be ok

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
AFAIK Shell is the only place that sells 98RON fuel, and no we can't get it in NI... nor can you get it down south.

On a bit of a tangent, when I was heading down for the first round of the drifting in Cork I stopped to get some fuel (I ran out of Northern super- not good). Shell down there sell fuel called V Power which I had hoped would be at least 97RON. I quizzed the girl at the counter and she gave me a leaflet - 95 RON with 'added cleaning properties'.

Unfortunately it seems Ireland as a whole is stuck with unreliable sources of good fuel. Not good when you are trying to run a car that needs to have good fuel.

Andy

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Anything I've had has ran as well on 95 as 97, but then again none have been putting out huge power or come from the land of the rising sun.

Does Maxol in the south not do a 97RON fuel?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Apparently tesco are meant to be rolling out 99RON across their network over the next few months, to try and make an impact against the bigger players! who knows wether it'll get to NI though....

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
could be worse i do so suppose, is the States not in the 80's or something? If in doubt there's always aviation fuel ;-)

sonik

RMS Regular
OP
sonik
yeah i think you're right, as i recall most fuel station pumps have a choice of three fuel grades starting at 87 and none of that diesel crap

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
USA use a different fuel grading system, with 91MON over there equating to 98RON over here.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
For the hillclimbs i use BP ultimate with some Pro-boost and a jar of Millers CVL (mixed in the correct proportion). Excellent stuff. Sometimes a friend gets me a few gallons of Shell Turbo rally or 76 Racing petrol - 102 octane or something. Would be good stuff for the likes of a Skyline, but costs something like £3+ a litre iirc.

KIB206

We Sell A Lot Of Super Unleaded At Work And Supply A Lot Off Rally Teams And Performance Cars. (y)

Texaco
Glenshane Road
Maghera

VWChrisMk2

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Golf
its a bit of a bummer, dunno what new car or designed to run on, but my gti was designed for AT LEAST 98 RON, according to the filler cap, and that was in the bloody 80's!!! (mk2 golf) so why cant petrol companies get their act together and give us some good fumes! and at a lower cost perhaps!

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
is shell not withdrawing optimax across the uk? i read that somewhere recently on one of the Honda forums.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.