Sick smell in child seat

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
My youngest has recently emptied his guts over the back of the car and I'm stuck with a feint smell in his car seat.

The covers have been removed and washed and smell is gone and I've really scrubbed the remaining plastics and straps. The problem I have is that the seat is one of those iso-fix swivel seats and you can't disassemble it.

The remaining smell is within the plastic shell, so I can't get it tended to. Would the likes of Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater or Autosmart Bio Brisk neutralise the smell?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Can you soak the base in some warm soapy water in the bath without risk or wrecking it?

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Can you soak the base in some warm soapy water in the bath without risk or wrecking it?

Might be worth a shout, but it is quite a large base,

20210919_175429.jpg

Reactions: ALN

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Is baking powder not meant to be good for smells could dust it in that and hoover it off.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Wouldn’t submerge it personally there’s multiple mechanisms in those seats which may not appreciate it. One of my lads chundered in his axxisfix today as it happens. Pulled the cover off and steam cleaned what I could. Hopefully that’s enough. Fortunately it was in her car 😁

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Snow foam and jet wash then used forced air to dry? Could also try one of the air con “bombs” which have odour and bio neutralisers built in directed “through” and around the base?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Do you have any anachem scent I’ve used it to neutralise cat piss when a neighbours cat was kind enough to spray inside the sofa. Also worked on toddler pee when the wee boy peed against the wall and it dried into the hard wood floor and behind the skirting board. Just saturated both in scent.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Yup… I’ve been there 🤣

Easiest and no hands on approach if washing machine is a no go, snow foam etc power hose the life outta it and let it dry over night before radiator is how I clean stuff!

Still smells… bin it or burn it 🤣

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
If powerhosing doesn't work lol or for future reference there's a vinegar spray you can get is quite good at neutralising the stench, although the smell goes from boke to a chippy. That then reams of dettol aerosol. It's something to do with enzymes and bacteria in the boke that stink. Similar thing if they get covered in wee. I'd two of mine throw up in the back of the XC90 within a couple of weeks and tried everything to get rid of the stink.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Whatever works make sure you let us know, I'm sure one of my 2 are due to do this soon enough!

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Well, the smell seems to be gone today 🤞🏼

Foamed (Anachems, if you want to know), power hosed then all the water blown out with a car drier. There is still the faintest of smells, but you really have to get your nose into the seat.