Side window rain repellent

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys,
What do you find works best on side windows please.

cheers

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
same product I use on the windscreen - Dodo Juice Supernatural Glass Polish, not the cheapest but I've had the same bottle for years.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

It comes with a free fishscale glass cloth too!

Gambit

RMS Regular

It comes with a free fishscale glass cloth too!
Few queries

1. this can be used on windscreens - will it cause smearing when wipers are on?
2. if it can be used on windscreens without smearing will the cleaner remove existing contaminant that is causing smearing!

Cheers :grinning:

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Another vote for hydraclean
Few queries

1. this can be used on windscreens - will it cause smearing when wipers are on?
2. if it can be used on windscreens without smearing will the cleaner remove existing contaminant that is causing smearing!

Cheers :grinning:

I never use it in the front window
Well,I did once but my wipers kept sticking/hopping on the screen
Didn’t smear though

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I use hydra clean on my front screen and have no issues with wipers at all.

actually if I got over 30 then the water beads off without needing wipers lol

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I use hydra clean on my front screen and have no issues with wipers at all.

actually if I got over 30 then the water beads off without needing wipers lol

water beading and running off was great,just the wiper issue annoyed me
I may not have used it correctly or something,feck knows

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
It’s a weird one. I never had a problem with wiper judder or jump on the caddy but I did on the Jag

no issues on the X5 either.

it’s one I can’t explain but what I do tell people is to thoroughly clean your windscreen of all contaminants.
One of the best old school methods is to use 0000 gauge wire wool and soapy water!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Could be related to pressure from the wiper stalk too? Maybe some manufacturers have a higher pressure than others which causes it?

No judder on my RS6 on the few days I was out in the rain with it applied, must get trying it on the E36, although they squeak even when the glass was cleaned and wipers are new

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I had to bend my wiper arms slightly to make the blades push a bit harder against the screen to eliminate the squeak/mild juddering I was getting.

Would hydraclean or anything help with the build up of condensation on a rear window? My demister grid is shagged and it's driving me batty.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
Would hydraclean or anything help with the build up of condensation on a rear window? My demister grid is shagged and it's driving me batty.
My understanding is Hydraclean would worsen that, it needs to be on exterior windows if I remember correctly.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I had to bend my wiper arms slightly to make the blades push a bit harder against the screen to eliminate the squeak/mild juddering I was getting.

I've something like this in my E36 and while it's not a guarantee it does help I find

These ones have indicators to let you know when they're soaked

Pingi LV2-A350 Dehumidifier for Car and Home, 700 g, Set of 2 Amazon product ASIN B01N7RVVEE

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Nope, as the other guys have said, hydraclean on interior windows would make it fog much worse.

get some of those wee pads @quattro Rick has suggested. I have one in the caddy and it’s been great

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I've something like this in my E36 and while it's not a guarantee it does help I find

These ones have indicators to let you know when they're soaked

Pingi LV2-A350 Dehumidifier for Car and Home, 700 g, Set of 2 Amazon product ASIN B01N7RVVEE
I've a couple of those but they don't seem to help with the rear window. I tired some motorcycle visor antifog spray last winter and it worked for a while but left the window a bit smeary.