Sign writing removal

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Brother has asked me to tidy up a van he's bought. It's and ex DPD van that's had the sign writing removed, but there's still the outline and I'm guessing, residue left over from the vinyl.

What's the best method to attack it? Chemical or mechanical or both? I'm yet to see the van, so I've not played a finger on it yet. The van will also remain a delivery vehicle, so perfection is not the aim, it is just to remove what's left on the panels.

Those of you with experience in this sorta thing, what will I need?

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Autosmart tardis Tar and Glue remover will remove the residue with minimal fuss and probably need to give the panels a good polish with a compound polish.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Big Pimp - Anachem Tarminator.

I used it to removed old graphics and residue from an old work van that had the reflective chevrons on the back door, and if you’ve ever had the misfortune of removing them, you’ll know they are an absolute **** to remove. Tarminator was a great job though. Just be sure to apply a coat of polish or something afterwards, no matter what tar and glue remover you use as it’ll strip every layer of protection off the paintwork leaving it exposed.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
A combination of tarminator and a buff to remove the shadowing should shift anything left on it.

as Nicky says though, reflective graphics are a pain in the butt for shattering and wouldtry the patience of a saint