Silver Grey 2006 E46 M3

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Great pics, no ‘touching up’ needed there imo
Yea didn’t think so myself , was his words tho lol, I think I want one for my garage wall when I get one next spring

Its just a shame you didn't clean it lol.

Absolutely stunning and still the best looking M3 ever made, the arches are what makes them so special...

It's a credit to you!
Cheers appreciate it :grinning:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Having this under wraps for 5/6 months out of the year is really hard- especially when your daily is nothing more exciting than a Leon FRTDI…

Has had me thinking over the winter here that I’d fancy changing it for an F80 M3 so I could enjoy it all year round…

Hopefully those feelings will go when I get it back out in March or so…🙈

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Having this under wraps for 5/6 months out of the year is really hard- especially when your daily is nothing more exciting than a Leon FRTDI…

Has had me thinking over the winter here that I’d fancy changing it for an F80 M3 so I could enjoy it all year round…

Noooooooooooo!!!!

don’t do it!

although now is a good time to sell with E46 pricing only going one way with no slowing down in sight

MarkM

RMS Regular

Haha I’m really not sure an F80 is the ideal all year round car, traction ain’t great at the best of times.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Haha I’m really not sure an F80 is the ideal all year round car, traction ain’t great at the best of times.

For my needs /usage all year round it would suffice- at least it could be used most of winter time

I’ve never been in this position of having a summer/dry weather car and not having it half the year…I’m sure I’ll get used to it and in time upgrade the Leon daily.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
For my needs /usage all year round it would suffice- at least it could be used most of winter time

I’ve never been in this position of having a summer/dry weather car and not having it half the year…I’m sure I’ll get used to it and in time upgrade the Leon daily.
neither have I but having my E46 tucked away sitting clean and pretty and just waiting to take it out on a rip is nice at the same time if you get me.

I'm silly and should probably SORN it but theres too much faffing about getting it back online if I wanted to just take it on a random blast

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
neither have I but having my E46 tucked away sitting clean and pretty and just waiting to take it out on a rip is nice at the same time if you get me.

I'm silly and should probably SORN it but theres too much faffing about getting it back online if I wanted to just take it on a random blast

You’re right, and I do love knowing it’s there waiting for me…
I wish I had a garage so I could at least see it or tinker with it-rather than being under a cover lol
Next year I’ll hopefully have a garage tho

Yea I don’t bother with SORN either

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

For the 4 months it’s not in use I just never bothered sorn’n anything, it’s sitting ready to go in emergency if main car decides it wants to be a d1ck and 4 months tax ain’t a pile.

foey

RMS Member
Drives
E46 M3
Stunning M3 @Snoopcousins - I believe I have your old Silver Grey E46 M3. I just signed up as done some digging to find previous owners e.t.c.

I bought it from Northern Ireland in 2019 and drove it back to Essex. I've since spent a small fortune on it, but it's worth it! :grinning:

Attachments

• 64F72C49-826C-4197-BC9C-C12CA7950709.JPG
    64F72C49-826C-4197-BC9C-C12CA7950709.JPG
    436.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Stunning M3 @Snoopcousins - I believe I have your old Silver Grey E46 M3. I just signed up as done some digging to find previous owners e.t.c.

I bought it from Northern Ireland in 2019 and drove it back to Essex. I've since spent a small fortune on it, but it's worth it! :grinning:

DBCF877B-20C5-4326-B1EF-3010817F3BE5.jpeg

Ah brilliant- wondered what had happened to it!
That’s probably my favourite photo I have of it above …
Was on around 85k miles when I sold it in 2013 I think…
I had KW’s and a Supersprint LW Race on ot before returning it to standard…
Was a very clean example,
Have you any more pics of it?
You on Cutters? I had a build thread on it back in 2012

Last edited:

foey

RMS Member
Drives
E46 M3
Great to hear from you and just found that photo on another thread before your reply!

When I bought the car It was modified by the previous owner on JR Racing wheels and on different coilovers. I wanted the OEM+ look and have spent the last 2-3 years getting it back to its former glory. it was getting to the point where it needed some work on it.

So here's the list since I bought it, not in any order...

Subframe dropped, Welded & plated (Cracks were found)
New Prop Shalf Donut
New Prop Shalf Bearing
Purple Tag Steering Rack with Solid Coupler
Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
18" Apex Arc8s with Pilot Sport Cup 2s (Tyres to go on soon)
PSDesigns Titanium Wheel Studs and Nuts
PSDesigns Air Ram intake
Full AP Racing Big Brake Setup, 356mm 6 Pot Fronts, 4 Pot Rears with AP Slotted Discs, MOTUL 660 Racing Fluid. Front Calipers were binding.
Gearbox and Speed Senor Oil Leaks were sorted last month along with another Service
New BMW OEM Headlight Lenses
New BMW OEM Indicator
New BMW OEM Windscreen Cowling
New BMW OEM Fog Lights
New BMW OEM Door Rubbers
New BMW OEM Window Rubbers (Bottom)
New BMW OEM Exhaust Clamps x2
Both Rear Arches Cut out due to Rust, New Arches OEM Fabricated, both sides repainted
Rob Bearings were replaced @ 118k
SMG Software Updated and CSL Mappings applied
H&R Antiroll Bars, Front and Back
Turner Rear Adjustable Lower Arms

Car is babied, I have a Garage where the car lives from November - to March/April (Weather Depending) Only drinks Shell V-Power.
Over the past couple of years, I've been to the Ring and many many car meets, Next week it will be going to Ultimate BMW. Me and the kids (3 boys, Ages 7 -11) absolutely love our car meets and coffee Mornings. The car is on 123k.

On cutters, but only lurk every now and then. I have a dedicated instagram page @m3ooyay with all of the changes and some nice photos on there. I've gone through all of the previous registrations but have not managed to find the original owner who I believed had the car for a number of years.

Any plans for yours? As mentioned, great to hear from you.

P.S. Hope this Mrs is not reading this post :grinning:

Mark

Attachments

• DSC07442.jpg
    DSC07442.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 82
  • racetracker_11010416_162871.jpg
    racetracker_11010416_162871.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 91

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Great to hear from you and just found that photo on another thread before your reply!

When I bought the car It was modified by the previous owner on JR Racing wheels and on different coilovers. I wanted the OEM+ look and have spent the last 2-3 years getting it back to its former glory. it was getting to the point where it needed some work on it.

So here's the list since I bought it, not in any order...

Subframe dropped, Welded & plated (Cracks were found)
New Prop Shalf Donut
New Prop Shalf Bearing
Purple Tag Steering Rack with Solid Coupler
Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
18" Apex Arc8s with Pilot Sport Cup 2s (Tyres to go on soon)
PSDesigns Titanium Wheel Studs and Nuts
PSDesigns Air Ram intake
Full AP Racing Big Brake Setup, 356mm 6 Pot Fronts, 4 Pot Rears with AP Slotted Discs, MOTUL 660 Racing Fluid. Front Calipers were binding.
Gearbox and Speed Senor Oil Leaks were sorted last month along with another Service
New BMW OEM Headlight Lenses
New BMW OEM Indicator
New BMW OEM Windscreen Cowling
New BMW OEM Fog Lights
New BMW OEM Door Rubbers
New BMW OEM Window Rubbers (Bottom)
New BMW OEM Exhaust Clamps x2
Both Rear Arches Cut out due to Rust, New Arches OEM Fabricated, both sides repainted
Rob Bearings were replaced @ 118k
SMG Software Updated and CSL Mappings applied
H&R Antiroll Bars, Front and Back
Turner Rear Adjustable Lower Arms

Car is babied, I have a Garage where the car lives from November - to March/April (Weather Depending) Only drinks Shell V-Power.
Over the past couple of years, I've been to the Ring and many many car meets, Next week it will be going to Ultimate BMW. Me and the kids (3 boys, Ages 7 -11) absolutely love our car meets and coffee Mornings. The car is on 123k.

On cutters, but only lurk every now and then. I have a dedicated instagram page @m3ooyay with all of the changes and some nice photos on there. I've gone through all of the previous registrations but have not managed to find the original owner who I believed had the car for a number of years.

Any plans for yours? As mentioned, great to hear from you.

P.S. Hope this Mrs is not reading this post :grinning:

Mark

Great it’s went to another Mark ;)
I bought it from just outside Slough, from an Asian fella who worked as head doorman of Ministry of Sound …
If you look at my original pics in the 2013 thread on here you’ll see it was in good condition and not nodded at all
I sold it to a fella in Ballymena who was disabled and was adjusting it to have accelerator on steering wheel etc- not sure if that happened?

You have it looking great with some fantastic mods…
It was never garaged over winter by me or previous keeper , being daily, which obviously took its toll with the rust - reason why I’m doing the same as you now and it’s off the roads between Oct-April ,

My plans are to just keep it good and miles low,
In a year or two i fancy doing the full carbon airbox and possibly a trip to EverytgingM3’s for manual conversion (but not sure on that one As I love the SMG)

foey

RMS Member
Drives
E46 M3
I sold it to a fella in Ballymena who was disabled and was adjusting it to have accelerator on steering wheel etc- not sure if that happened?

Yes! I have a small hole cutout under the steering column and replaced some of the dash panels as they were cut when I first got the car. I also spoke with him via a PM on cutters. Nice guy. The owner who sold me the car (He bought it from) told me about his requirements.

Mark, have you flashed the CSL Gearbox changes?

– CSL SMG Shift / Rev matching + Inertia fix
– CSL ‘255’ SMG Software Upgrades

I completed mine at the Ring, where we were staying with my laptop via the following software, Our Services - ECUWorx
Just need a cable (Bought off someone from Cutters for £15) and took less than 5 minutes. I also enabled Sports Memory, Speed Limiter Removal e.t.c. It completely transforms the car. I love SMG, I like how quirky it is :grinning:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Yes! I have a small hole cutout under the steering column and replaced some of the dash panels as they were cut when I first got the car. I also spoke with him via a PM on cutters. Nice guy. The owner who sold me the car (He bought it from) told me about his requirements.

Mark, have you flashed the CSL Gearbox changes?

– CSL SMG Shift / Rev matching + Inertia fix
– CSL ‘255’ SMG Software Upgrades

I completed mine at the Ring, where we were staying with my laptop via the following software, Our Services - ECUWorx
Just need a cable (Bought off someone from Cutters for £15) and took less than 5 minutes. I also enabled Sports Memory, Speed Limiter Removal e.t.c. It completely transforms the car. I love SMG, I like how quirky it is :grinning:

Yea first thing I done was those SMG flashes thru Cutters M3Carbon…

Your M3 was and still is my favourite ever car, the drive home from England was so good, had to w best weather and no traffic the whole way to Scotland- my brother still talks about that journey lol
Circumstances forced my hand to sell it
My new M3, as clean as it is, still doesn’t give me the same feeling as buying my 1st M3 back then!
And my E92 M3 didn’t come close either!

foey

RMS Member
Drives
E46 M3
Yeah, there is something about them - hence why I was going out of my way to find previous owners. Thanks for sharing and great to see you back in an E46 M3 esp in SG.

I've heard a number of people coming back to a 46 after a 92. How was it? Always assumed they would be a better daily minus the fuel!

Let me know if you ever come over to England, more than happy to meet you for a drive mate :grinning:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Will do :grinning:
It was a nicer daily drive with the updated interior and the sounds was brill…but felt gutless around town and could never seem to find a long enough road to open it up coz revved out so long…
The looks are great - but still not as nice as the E46 imo!
all that not really a problem - think it’s coz my first love was the E46 and could never settle/gel with it

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
No real updates , was stored over winter and only been out a handful of times so far this summer …
Just out of MOT centre with a fresh years certificate and no advisories 😀

30FAAE2E-E71D-4237-8351-C794EC7C4851.jpeg

It’s best news tho is going to be a new double garage to store /play with come this September :grinning:

Plans after that is to slowly do a few things like a CSL carbon airbox and probably Supersprint LW race mid and rear section exhaust and store my OEM exhaust ….
also ceramic coating and sort the 19” OEMs (never refurbed) if I can find somewhere to get them done properly

Pic from a meet last month..

5331C76E-F5CE-4C27-A761-611DE425949B.jpeg

EF3E4DEE-90C6-4A65-8880-CF1488C07756.jpeg

Last edited:

Calco

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia
I think I was beside you at the j3 off slip today at Dunmurry. If so, stunning looking car. 👍👍👍👍

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Not much in the way of updates …
Just enjoying it for the summer …
Good wee run out to the RMS meet and a run to
the Lough Erne ..

B5E08CB6-A349-4DD9-B1BF-4D9732E6A123.jpeg

The Supersprint and Carbon intake will probably have to wait until next year …
But going to get it booked in with @big_pete for ceramic coating before getting stored for winter again ..