Skerries fatality

noLUCKcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
My Finger
Was listening to the radio this morning on nolan show and Ryan Farquar was on and he was asked if he had heard anything about crash and he said what he had heard (dont want to post on here what he said) was anyone else listening this morning?
What was this? Pm ifor you want

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
He said the cause of the accident was after the bike had bottomed out and blew the sump and in turn it dumped oil over the rear wheel and William came off at speed. He added that his helmet came off in the incident too.

Sorry if anyone takes offence, but most, if not all of us in these sections are bikers and know how dangerous a 'simple' commute or run to the shops can be. Even the best of gear sometimes isn't enough :sweat:

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
He said the cause of the accident was after the bike had bottomed out and blew the sump and in turn it dumped oil over the rear wheel and William came off at speed. He added that his helmet came off in the incident too.

Sorry if anyone takes offence, but most, if not all of us in these sections are bikers and know how dangerous a 'simple' commute or run to the shops can be. Even the best of gear sometimes isn't enough :sweat:

What was this? Pm ifor you want
I didnt say out of respect and till full facts where said.

davyk31

RMS Regular
If someone said it on the radio then I can't see any issue with someone repeating it on here. May or may not be true but guess everyone is wondering what happened.

Is it a bumpy track to cause the bike to bottom out?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Yes, there are parts to the circuit that will fully load the front and rear suspension

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
Read more at: William Dunlop team boss: What can you say – we’re all just numb and in shock
"Initial reports on Saturday suggested an engine failure in the Yamaha R1 had caused the fatal accident, but Mr Martin said a broken sump spilled oil on to the rear tyre, resulting in the high-speed crash. “The bike did not blow up – no. Alister (Russell, William’s mechanic) went down to see the bike and we know what happened,” Mr Martin said. “There’s a ‘bomb hole’ as you come out from the trees at Sam’s Tunnel and the bike bottomed out and pulled the sump plug out of the sump. “The oil went on to the back wheel and that is what caused William to crash – identical to what happened to James Hillier this year at the Isle of Man TT at the bottom of Barregarrow."

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
There is a video in circulation now. Terrible that someone put it out there
Because people are c-units. A video of Mike Norburys crash at Keppel Gate at this years TT has this posted on it "boring video, he didn't die"

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Because people are c-units. A video of Mike Norburys crash at Keppel Gate at this years TT has this posted on it "boring video, he didn't die"
Unreal. But that’s the society we live in. My uncle died at 18 on a motorbike(my fathers to be precise) they are banned in our home, nothing to what the Dunlop’s have went through mind you.

Sad times

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
there is also a screenshot of william flying in the air with no helmet on. i wish i had,nt watched it. its horrific and for the first time in my life im having second thoughts on road racing. the video should not have been shared in public.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
there is also a screenshot of william flying in the air with no helmet on. i wish i had,nt watched it. its horrific and for the first time in my life im having second thoughts on road racing. the video should not have been shared in public.
Ive just been sent the both of them ffs

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
11101FBE-7B43-4CF6-B0F0-4671D241AEF7.jpeg
My mate saw it earlier he knew William well and also is in a very bad state of shock to what he watched no chance I would want to watch that nor should a video like that be shared, terrible news still can’t believe it!!

Rip William gone to soon man

Always such a stylish rider brilliant to watch glad I shared an afternoon with him at nutts corner on pit bikes

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Got sent it this morning, i was being extra vigilent as i would normally just open my whatsapp videos. Just deleted it straight away. How anyone can call themselves a road race fan and distribute that video is beyond me, its disgusting
2nd that.
Got newsletter yesterday and they had some of the most beautiful pics of william along with his dad and michael and dunlop family actually brought a tear to my eye.