Skoda octavia vrs ESTATE - VS - AUDI A4 AVANT (2014 PLUS)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Suzukimad

RMS Member
Drives
Suzuki
Hi I'm looking at these two cars:

Skoda Octavia VRS Estate (2014 plus)
Audi A4 Avant (2014 plus)

Not too sure which one to buy? I've looked up common faults with them both came back with relatively the same things (electrical, ERG, DFP) etc.

What's all your thoughts?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Petrol or diesel? Assuming both you are looking at will be diesel given you have mentioned DPF.

Which engine variant in the Audi?

I worked in Skoda very briefly and the Octavia VRS is an excellent car. Very underrated (along becoming more and more popular now the badge snobbery has gone!). I would be buying the Octavia. I would also imagine they would be somewhat cheaper than the Audi?

Suzukimad

RMS Member
OP
S
Drives
Suzuki
Sorry mate yes the diesel.

With the audi the 2.0tdi either the sline or the black edition.

Yes they're a bit cheaper than the audis.

Why would you go for the skoda over the audi?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I wouldn’t be the best man to give advice on VAG vehicles I should say that lol.

With having previous experience working with Skoda and listening to customer feedback on the Octavia VRS. If I was in the market for this sort of car it would be top of my list - definitely very hard to look past. Exterior wise they look better than the Audi IMO, though a Black Edition would be nice, and I think they look the part inside too.

I’m sure there will be plenty of VRS and Audi A4 owners who will be along to give you a better idea of what they are like to live with day to day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.