Skoda Octavia VRS Mk1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
With two too many diesels in the household I sold the Astra and the hunt was on for a quick but practical petrol run around.

I quickly settled on an Octavia VRS and with some great advice from fellow RMS members I knew what to look out for and what to expect.

After numerous false starts I got the deal done on a Corrida Red VRS in Edinburgh, brought it home and was pleased as punch getting one in that colour.

It soon came apparent the wife did not like it ! She would only have to drive it a few times a week when I have our 15 month old in the S60, but it was too 'boyracer' being bright red and having rear tints. So the car was put up for sale and was soon snapped up by a fellow RMS member.

So the hunt was on again, so undeterred and when the wife was away shopping I went to see Adams(technics100) black VRS and had to have it.

Thankfully the car has went down well with her in doors despite being the same model of car so I will be keeping this one a bit longer!

So far I have gave it a few runs with my DA and Merenza compound to get the car shining, the car has been well looked after by its 3 previous owners; Adam, his brother and his brothers friend. So it hasn't took too much to get it looking its best.

The car has had cruise control and centre armrests already retrofitted, musts for the VAG heads and theyre quite handy I have to say. The bump strips have been colour coded so that will save me dressing them all the time and having runs of the product.

Had 2 new Kumhos fitted today and the plan is to fit another 2 next month, other plans include more cleaning including the arch liners and remove the front indicators to remove Moss. I have a full set of genuine green Skoda badges but unsure whether to fit them or not as I'm coming round to the new style badges fitted. Thinking of getting the wheels refurbed in a darker colour and dechrome the grille. Also hoping to get a nicer reg for it maybe a VRS one.

Going to grease the starter as it grinds slightly on start up, a common fault on these it seems, other than that I will continue to enjoy driving it.

Enough chat.. a few phone pics from this morning...

20160930_100113.jpg
20160930_100058.jpg
20160930_100042.jpg
20160930_095634.jpg
20160930_100128.jpg

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
The Skoda Octavia. The least likely 'boy racer' car on the planet. :party:

Nice in black Cormac. Is that exhaust tip staying?

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The Skoda Octavia. The least likely 'boy racer' car on the planet. :party:

Nice in black Cormac. Is that exhaust tip staying?

Lol yeap, sure you know how it goes even with the impreza.

For now the exhaust is staying, the red one had a nicer twin round pipes. Wouldn't mind a cat back system of some kind.

Have a neuspeed induction kit in the garage for it undecided whether to fit it or not.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
If it's a long arm intake, they make an awesome noise - I'd a Carbonio on my silver one. Many noises!
Any Golf mk4 carpet fits - the black carpet suits it so much better

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
If it's a long arm intake, they make an awesome noise - I'd a Carbonio on my silver one. Many noises!
Any Golf mk4 carpet fits - the black carpet suits it so much better

Seems to be short enough with a heat shield haven't really looked at it yet.

Thanks for all the advice fella(y)

Kind of like the light carpet looks well when clean.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah 1.8 turbo 180 bhp as standard. Great car to drive and plenty of people have them mapped.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I had a pipercross induction kit on mine with the filter mounted down behind the bumper. Changed the filter to a Ramair one which was a great job.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I had one that exact colour. Bought it brand new in 2001. Absolutely loved it.

At one point it was stage 2 REVO mapped, S3 intercooler, full exhaust, new turbo intake pipe and induction kit. Also had a genuine WRC rear wing which looking back now cost a bastid fortune to get from Czech Republic, painted and fitted. Looked cracker though.

Went like the clappers. Only sold it to buy an EVO V

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Sounded like it was the ticket.

Trying to get the cd changer working today but it keeps displaying 'surface' not sure what's up with it. Maybe needs a lens cleaner.

technics100

RMS Regular
Drives
Sportline 2.0t
Looks awesome.. enjoy it.. I wish I had the time to clean it like that.. :-( That CD changer literally has not been used in about 5 years, so could prob do with a clean, that's generally the issue with them..

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Looks awesome.. enjoy it.. I wish I had the time to clean it like that.. :-( That CD changer literally has not been used in about 5 years, so could prob do with a clean, that's generally the issue with them..

Cheers dude. Haven't had much time to even look at it or drive it since! Bought a lens cleaner kit so I will give that a go.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Not the most exciting update but got some time yesterday to go over the VRS. Cleaned up the tailpipe with some Autosol, cleaned up the edges of the headlights and indicators with a brush and soapy water.

Before
20161011_134755.jpg
20161011_135128.jpg

After

20161011_141913.jpg
20161011_142220.jpg

Touched up the VRS badges with some flame red paint I had lying about

20161011_153318.jpg

Still can't get the CD changer working after using a lens cleaner kit so a new head unit might be on the cards. Needs a new wishbone bush for MOT after that fingers crossed it will go through.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Looks well.

I used to just buy new indicators as they were always stinking and dirty between the seal and the lense lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.