Skoda Octavia vrs owners

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Just done a deal through work for one on contract hire. Race blue hatch, they have a great spec as standard. Just wanted to see if anyone else had one and what they thought of them - I know skoda is a very marmite brand but I really couldn't have looked past them for value for money.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just done a deal through work for one on contract hire. Race blue hatch, they have a great spec as standard. Just wanted to see if anyone else had one and what they thought of them - I know skoda is a very marmite brand but I really couldn't have looked past them for value for money.
Great cars, I had a test drive in an estate but couldn't agree on a deal. Still regret it.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Had a new derv 4x4 for a week and loved it though wouldnt have a diesel.near me.when they have such an awesome petrol vrs available.

Also owned the mk2 vrs petrol and love them, I am a skoda fan though

colin84

RMS Regular
I think the latest one is really nice. I was looking at the petrol version estate, but it's a bit dissapointing that it only has 230bhp compared with the Golf R and Leon Cupra 290/300 bhp, considering it is bigger again.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Was thinking that myself @colin84 but lucky enough they pretty much share the same hardware as the newer gti's, even the golf r/Cupra apart from the bigger turbo. A remap, intake and full exhaust will see you at around 350/350. I'll be interested to see what they are selling for in 2 years time when the Cupra goes back.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Had a new derv 4x4 for a week and loved it though wouldnt have a diesel.near me.when they have such an awesome petrol vrs available.

Also owned the mk2 vrs petrol and love them, I am a skoda fan though

Diesel for me on this as it will be used for work and travelling. Should have it for mid February all being well!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Diesel for me on this as it will be used for work and travelling. Should have it for mid February all being well!

I'll be interested to see what you think of it. Company car is due a change next year and the VRS is one of the cars I fancy!

Did you go manual or DSG?

J-VW

RMS Regular
@ciarandeery1 I also have a race blue Vrs Tdi Hatch on order through John Mulholland as you say for the money and spec you can't go wrong. Expecting it around the end of Jan

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
@ciarandeery1 I also have a race blue Vrs Tdi Hatch on order through John Mulholland as you say for the money and spec you can't go wrong. Expecting it around the end of Jan
Mulholland told me they had one last week in campsie. Said it was going to be 6 months so I went to Mervyn Stewart and ordered one lol mid Feb it's coming. Funny mulhollands business sales man then rang me the same day (after I ordered) I told him what they said in campsie And he said there was loads of options, but it was too late. Someone was going to get in trouble over that boo boo

J-VW

RMS Regular
I found Mervyn Stewart very hard to deal with. Walked in with an excellent pch quote from a dealer in England and they didnt want to know, couldn't get anywhere near the quoted price. Went up to John Mulholland with the same quote and to my surprised they bettered it plus threw in a few sweeteners i.e. black pack and set of fitted flaps etc I was very happy. Looking forward to taking delivery ! What wheel option did you go for @ciarandeery1 ?

Dave..

RMS Regular
I found Mervyn Stewart very hard to deal with. Walked in with an excellent pch quote from a dealer in England and they didnt want to know, couldn't get anywhere near the quoted price. Went up to John Mulholland with the same quote and to my surprised they bettered it plus threw in a few sweeteners i.e. black pack and set of fitted flaps etc I was very happy. Looking forward to taking delivery ! What wheel option did you go for @ciarandeery1 ?
I thought the same when I tried to do a deal with Mervyn Stewart.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Just the standard 18'' anthracite. You? I didn't want to rip the balls out of it. I wouldn't have went near mervyn only I couldn't wait 6 months on a motor. Which is a pity but that's what happens at times.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Just the standard 18'' anthracite. You? I didn't want to rip the balls out of it. I wouldn't have went near mervyn only I couldn't wait 6 months on a motor. Which is a pity but that's what happens at times.

Yea just the standard 18'' in anthracite definately the best option, test drove one with the 19s and the ride wasn't great at all. The 6 month you were quoted was a strange one I was told the standard 12 weeks would be the maximum wait on a factory order

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Yea just the standard 18'' in anthracite definately the best option, test drove one with the 19s and the ride wasn't great at all. The 6 month you were quoted was a strange one I was told the standard 12 weeks would be the maximum wait on a factory order
I thought the same to be honest. I don't know why that happened or who's at fault but they lost a customer. 18'' wheels I think suit it better anyhow. They are some car though and will be a breath of fresh air from the 330i

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I've had one now 2.5years ish. Excellent car. Loadsa space as mentioned.

I bought mine out of Mervyn Stewarts but would agree they ain't great for customer service.

Mine is currently up for sale in classifieds if anyone is interested.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.