Skoda Octavia vRS TDI 240bhp

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I was looking at those sub boxes after seeing yours but unfortunately they're all tiny and dont have even close to the volume needed for the sub I'm planning on using. good for a ten or eight though

i have two type r 12s forsale hardly used at all if youre interested and you wont get better at the price... this 10" is pretty powerful and having done the huge subs i guess im getting a bit old. For a 12" i would need double the sealed space this one is as big as i can go and keep the boot space and spare.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
what phone have you got? if its samsung i can probably help, im a bit of an expert at it now :laughing:. just rooted the samsung S5 in 30 secs. You can use the S5 as a client and connect the S8 wirelessly to the head unit. Wireless android auto! That will be my next trick. :cool:

Ive stripped out all the furniture from the back seat to the boot and when this damn weather eases up ill be sound proofing.

Its a Huawei P10, not rooted but has a custom ROM on it... total pain in the hole if im honest!! May revisit it however!

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
stripped out! half in the garage, great weather for ducks at the moment. driving around is a bit noisy

stripped.jpg

Deleted member 13907

D
Love reading through this thread. The amount of work you have done and the quality you have maintained is second to none. Some of the mods I would love to carry out to my car, others aren’t really to my taste, but regardless it’s clearly a labour of love. The car is a real credit to you.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Love reading through this thread. The amount of work you have done and the quality you have maintained is second to none. Some of the mods I would love to carry out to my car, others aren’t really to my taste, but regardless it’s clearly a labour of love. The car is a real credit to you.

thanks, i know some of it is a bit marmite, maybe a hint too much even for me. I do love a sleeper but there are an awful lot of vRS's around and i just wanted this to stand out a bit. If it was a petrol id be putting the funds into performance but with a diesel you can really only go so far before you have a dirty smoker on your hands. This is good fun anyway.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I've routed the speed wire speaker cable down the centre console and added the connect2 harness.

Its a tight fit but it all fits at the back. When ready for the amps and sub its just a matter of switching this orange plug with the OEM one.

Speed cable routed behind the centre console

The cable can be run down the middle without removing the console which is a big job.

The rear storage has to be removed and the carpet cut to feed the speed wire around the rear seat and into the boot. The power wire will be run down along the door jamb. I didnt have enough time to finish it.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I've finally got the winter rubber sorted and had the original 18" Geminis repainted in black magic and diamond cut at David McIntyre's alloy clinic in 'Coleraine'. They had heavy kerbing from the PO and required welding. So they did a top job to be fair, turned it around in two days and i cant find any blemishes at all, even painted the balancing weights black to hide them, its the little touches! They fitted balanced the tyres and disposed of the originals for free!

now wheres that snow....

black_geminis1.jpg
black_geminis2.jpg
black_geminis3.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 13907

D
I've finally got the winter rubber sorted and had the original 18" Geminis repainted in black magic and diamond cut at David McIntyre's alloy clinic in 'Coleraine'. They had heavy kerbing from the PO and required welding. So they did a top job to be fair, turned it around in two days and i cant find any blemishes at all, even painted the balancing weights black to hide them, its the little touches! They fitted balanced the tyres and disposed of the originals for free!

now wheres that snow....

View attachment 218990 View attachment 218991 View attachment 218992
Really like the black magic with diamond cut.
Had thought about doing that with my own, but think it may be too much against the white.
Will look awesome on the Meteor Grey!

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
rest of the kit arrived. Very well made speakers, seems a shame to hide them behind door panels. I've gone for 150W rms each components for the front, and 180W rms each 6.5s for the rear.

SA03.jpg.c16736b875cb1772b28fa14e6bcdd555.jpg

SA01.jpg.49df3b469fa98f2ebab3ea4ff87e301d.jpg

SA02.jpg.d8be7b328b4fc9d851f00da254f2fa4d.jpg

neo04.jpg.70658f2c0b5bbfdb042f55925600932e.jpg

carbon fibre cones

neo01.jpg.ee28c9fdbdbcd80edfeb3c1ef9ff596a.jpg

huge neodymium magnets! 8 awg posts!

neo02.jpg.89aa2308b7e998d1706b70e549690642.jpg

i need to find the time to fit it all in.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
small update, Bought an Alpine PDX 4.150 as the Alpine PDX 5 i have has an extra channel for running a full setup so its up for sale if anyone wants it. The PDX 4.150 has 170W rms per channel verified and should suit the bigger speakers better.

...been mad busy with a new job so just getting round to fitting the sub, some damping to the inside of the enclosure...

damping01.jpg
Damping02.jpg

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I fitted the sub into the box and mocked up the positioning of the amps and wires...

subfit02.jpg.a907a4a59d12d4014cf7eda9faf121ae.jpg

the sub was a PITA as the box was considerably smaller ID than the sub so a lot of sanding and measuring was needed. Amps are just sitting in a rough position as its tricky to keep power lines away from the RCAs and still have access to both front panels for tuning. The wires will be tidied up once i've figured out the best route to the doors for them.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Two small updates, I've bought a PDX 4.150 4 channel to replace the 5 channel PDX 5 for more juice as the speakers can handle 180W RMS each and the 4 gauge power cable fed to the back of the car and the 100 A trip fitted. I secured it to the fuse box and protected the cable with flexi-pipe in case it gets chafed.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
ACR-1 added to the dash, this controls sub volume via the LC7i. The USB housing was removed drilled and the cabling done after fixing the knob to the underside. You need to remove everything in the dash to do this. the flat screen, head unit, glove box etc all have to come out. I've ran all the speaker wiring for the fronts and rears and earth cabling for the amps. Next job will be tracing the wiring to the doors and sound proofing the doors.

AudioControl_subvolume.jpg

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Finished the wiring to the power distribution LC7i and Amplifiers, i've fitted the Subwoofer enclosure and got the boot back to normal. Still have almost full boot space and retained the 12V and LED light.

wired02.jpg
wired03.jpg
wired04.jpg

A slight delay on the speakers fitted to the doors as i've discovered the rear doors also have a set of tweeters and i've ordered a set of SD-T - Sundown Audio 1" Tweeters and active crossovers...

7182dYczj5L._SX679_.jpg