Skoda/VW Headunit

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
My dad's just picked up a 2012 Octavia with the most basic headunit.

He would like to upgrade to something OEM (or OEM looking) that has bluetooth (and possibly maps) without breaking the bank.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
It's got the "Swing"

The Bolero looks like a nice unit, but seems like a ball ache with the external bluetooth module (more so the wiring TO the module lol)?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Module is plug n play as far as I'm aware, loads of threads on Briskoda about it, I looked about upgrading to a Balero on my 07 Octavia but it was too involved and actually lost some of the functions so I binned the idea. But yours being Mk2.5 / Mk3 it should be plug n play also - providing it comes with a code.

Other option is a Bury handfree kit. Was an accessory available from VAG and is also plug n play, will give you bluetooth and streaming, using Google maps on your smart phone and it will play though the car speakers.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
Module is plug n play as far as I'm aware, loads of threads on Briskoda about it, I looked about upgrading to a Balero on my 07 Octavia but it was too involved and actually lost some of the functions so I binned the idea. But yours being Mk2.5 / Mk3 it should be plug n play also - providing it comes with a code.

Other option is a Bury handfree kit. Was an accessory available from VAG and is also plug n play, will give you bluetooth and streaming, using Google maps on your smart phone and it will play though the car speakers.
I actually have a Bury CC9068 in the golf! forgot about that..

might have to rip that out for him

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I’ve a Bolero in mine and looking to replace it also...thinking about ordering one of these as it looks factory and offers great functionality - just unsure on the quality

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
I’ve a Bolero in mine and looking to replace it also...thinking about ordering one of these as it looks factory and offers great functionality - just unsure on the quality

I've used these types of radio before, the one you linked is the lower end "WinCE" version which isn't going to be great (very low spec and not much app support)

The android versions are much more capable (supporting CarPlay and AndroidAuto in some cases!) but they do cost a bit more (Example)