Skyline/200sx/s15 spec r wanted

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Save your money on a rusty one and buy something from Japan which is N/A then convert it to either another SR20DET or else something funky.

To give you some scope on the sort of stuff you can get from Japan - This is my own S15 bought last year, off my head it cost around £3000 to my door. Prices have got a little more since then but it is still the cheapest bang for your buck way to own one.

VcsENUY.jpg

j9AZtsO.jpg

3C2T2bN.jpg

And then with some work its now turbo and a few modifications.

CTj3gVx.jpg

9BlJVKv.jpg

TjO9MN7.jpg

ECwavRw.jpg

If you are on Facebook message Alan McCrory from Import Wizards and have him find you something, he is fantastic to deal with and easy to pay, he will talk you through the whole process. If you have any questions about anything you can drop me a message.

See about half a dozen of these every day here in Osaka so must be plenty about!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Save your money on a rusty one and buy something from Japan which is N/A then convert it to either another SR20DET or else something funky.

To give you some scope on the sort of stuff you can get from Japan - This is my own S15 bought last year, off my head it cost around £3000 to my door. Prices have got a little more since then but it is still the cheapest bang for your buck way to own one.

VcsENUY.jpg

j9AZtsO.jpg

3C2T2bN.jpg

And then with some work its now turbo and a few modifications.

CTj3gVx.jpg

9BlJVKv.jpg

TjO9MN7.jpg

ECwavRw.jpg

If you are on Facebook message Alan McCrory from Import Wizards and have him find you something, he is fantastic to deal with and easy to pay, he will talk you through the whole process. If you have any questions about anything you can drop me a message.

That is awesome!

Great value also, great way to make it your own too!

Much would good engine cost and be fitted thou?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I wouldn't care if it was a non-turbo, If it was a manual Spec S i'd go for it and drive it til it pops. Then RB time! lol

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I think you've all lost it lol :joy:

I like the SR don't get me wrong, I'd even buy an S Chassis and love it. The biggest issue is, it has 2 cylinders missing and just doesn't sound as good as the RB. I'm a jap guy til I die and would have an SR over most things, except any Jap 6 Cylinder.

I'll tell you better when my mates RB S15 is complete and compare it with another mates Spec R.(y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Was hoping for £10k max so I have money to play with to tidy up and make it my own but hopefully cheaper.

It all depends on the car... wouldn't the first I went away over my set budget but for second weekend car I'm trying to be semi sensible.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Yea, he was meant to get back to me with some details and pics but he didn't...

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Not thread hijacking but is it realistic (talking for myself here) to think I could get a clean sr20det s15 for 8k ?

@southsky sunrise

The only way to get a clean one at that price is to import it yourself. For 8k here you may get one that requires a little work. A couple of my mates have them and I know what they cost, they're only going up too! Ask Alan at Import Wizards for a quote.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Not thread hijacking but is it realistic (talking for myself here) to think I could get a clean sr20det s15 for 8k ?

@southsky sunrise

Yes, as a fella I would know got an imported one for in around 5k. It was actually very clean, more or less standard so it was a good starting base. He imported it last year so umless the prices have drastically gone up then it should still be possible