skyline cylinder head mod ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
Maxer said:
i dont agreee with your bad bad engines comment. Maybe you have had an ill experience but in general they are extremely reliable. Any 2.0 turbo car running 2bar boost (which incidently in an MR2 is doubtful)will cause problems.With The right fueling,cooling and above all mapping they will run 1.2 bar on stock internals with stock head gasket all day long. Not nit picking but in my opinion far from bad bad engines. At the end of the day alot of tuners in Japan rip the legendary 2JZ-GTE out of Supras and replace with a 2.2 varient of the 3SGTE.

He says in the last few years he's thrown about £30k at the car, mostly Fensport parts. And he's the "guinny pig" for the aussie downpipes, they keep cracking on him. And he's bored out all the ports, including both entrances to the turbo (which he showed me). There isn't many standard parts on the car.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Maxer said:
i dont agreee with your bad bad engines comment. Maybe you have had an ill experience but in general they are extremely reliable. Any 2.0 turbo car running 2bar boost (which incidently in an MR2 is doubtful)will cause problems.With The right fueling,cooling and above all mapping they will run 1.2 bar on stock internals with stock head gasket all day long. Not nit picking but in my opinion far from bad bad engines. At the end of the day alot of tuners in Japan rip the legendary 2JZ-GTE out of Supras and replace with a 2.2 varient of the 3SGTE.

Ive done over 4 head gaskets on different ST185 GT4's, and I know of plenty of others ( incl a couple of MR2 turbo's )

Standard cars dont run 2 bar. They blow the head gasket when totally standard. That isnt exactly a secret about these cars.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.