Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
It looks a lot more complicated than it actually is but still stuck 😅

Got a loan of blackies spare Sony headunit and it too had no life so it must be the car.

Ground is giving a reading, the yellow is live and the red is dead, is that the issue?

It’s either an issue with the red if that needs to be live also or ignition remote in my head.

Heads melted trying to figure it out with lack of light at night time also doesn’t help.

i ordered a new iso lead to cut out all that crap connectors so itl be alot tidier come tail end of this week

c_rad

RMS Regular
It looks a lot more complicated than it actually is but still stuck 😅

Got a loan of blackies spare Sony headunit and it too had no life so it must be the car.

Ground is giving a reading, the yellow is live and the red is dead, is that the issue?

It’s either an issue with the red if that needs to be live also or ignition remote in my head.

Heads melted trying to figure it out with lack of light at night time also doesn’t help.

i ordered a new iso lead to cut out all that crap connectors so itl be alot tidier come tail end of this week

Just take it to a proper auto electrician rather than chasing your tail in the dark mate.

Could be any number of things causing that issue now you have disturbed that viper pit of wires 8o|:joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Since you have shorted it at least once already you may have blown a fuse somewhere. It might not be an obvious one, and sometimes these nests have their own in-line fuses tacked in as well.

If you want to fix it yourself then just disconnect that whole mess from the actual OEM harness and throw it in the bin. You will likely have to cut random cables coming off that nest for all the Jap crap. Just follow all those side cables to whatever tacked on transponder or whatever they go to and remove all that before cutting those wires.

Then get an ISO harness like what Blackie linked to above and connect that to the OEM harness and your head unit.

That should be it.

If in any doubt at all, pay a professional.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
CE7AD2D7-E3DA-4517-932F-EFD8FCE56FCE.jpeg

Yea ended up another fuse!

Turns out there’s more than one audio fuse…always trickier to find when it’s in Japanese!

I’ve insulated all the connections for now and ordered all new iso lead connections so does away with the “nest” mess.

Thank feck for that!

Thanks everyone for their help & advice especially @Blackie
🙌🏻

77F68FAA-46CB-4CD6-BB5B-1ACB381BFCE5.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
*p1ss take photo*

Finally got my garage door totally sorted, main spring was starting to fail and always wanted a remote electric door so was able to get it converted.

No more squeezing down side of car to open garage door 😃

Insulated, heated and now electric door….the skyline has a cosy safe home ha
FAD9B2A5-F775-4942-B2EE-90F6CBF87758.png

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
*p1ss take photo*

Finally got my garage door totally sorted, main spring was starting to fail and always wanted a remote electric door so was able to get it converted.

No more squeezing down side of car to open garage door 😃

Insulated, heated and now electric door….the skyline has a cosy safe home ha
View attachment 349407

Need to get the motor fixed, it seems stuck half way :eyes:🎣

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Spoiled rotten that wee car 😁 :cool:

Well used but well cared for at same time 🙂

Been trying to get it contact with Bradley for months now… left it for a while and been trying last few Fridays with no joy.

Been wanting him to give it another oil change, put on rolling road to see hp figures and a general overall health check for going to NC500 in end of April but he seems impossible to get a slot for 😣

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Aye ano it’s been well serviced etc since I’ve had it by another mechanic but with rolling road and he knows them so well been wanting him to look at it and give me thumbs up for piece of mind.

Might take a run up to autotune to put it on the rollers even. Always used them for other cars but mainly VAG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Bradley text me funnily enough saying I could drop car up this weekend but he couldn’t tell me when he’l get working on it just yet… progress thou 😃

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I was planning on getting my car in with him soon too but haven't tried getting hold of him just yet. Gonna get some basic stuff sorted myself but want to get it to him at some point. He seems flat out by what he's putting on social media. Doesn't help Drift Games done a video on his place the other week...he's probably tortured now.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Generally it’s a leave it in and wait 2/3 weeks job with him.
Realistically anyone can do the oil change and anyone with a wideband and knock sensor can check it’s not going to grenade its self. I wouldn’t worry to much about a HP figure.

Always going it a pointless thing, if you think it’s fast enough then cool. If it’s not then spend more money until it feels fast enough. Figure is largely irrelevant. Bradley tuned cars for years on his old dyno that didn’t even give a graph nevermind power recording. His view was similar to mine, it’s giving its all as safe as it can, add more toys if want it faster.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I was planning on getting my car in with him soon too but haven't tried getting hold of him just yet. Gonna get some basic stuff sorted myself but want to get it to him at some point. He seems flat out by what he's putting on social media. Doesn't help Drift Games done a video on his place the other week...he's probably tortured now.
I tried him few months ago and gave up…. Been contacting him last few weeks again, so if you want him I recommend doing it soon because no doubt spring/summer time when everyone has there’s coming outta storage and wants there’s checked he will be even more busy
Generally it’s a leave it in and wait 2/3 weeks job with him.
Realistically anyone can do the oil change and anyone with a wideband and knock sensor can check it’s not going to grenade its self. I wouldn’t worry to much about a HP figure.

Always going it a pointless thing, if you think it’s fast enough then cool. If it’s not then spend more money until it feels fast enough. Figure is largely irrelevant. Bradley tuned cars for years on his old dyno that didn’t even give a graph nevermind power recording. His view was similar to mine, it’s giving its all as safe as it can, add more toys if want it faster.
It’s all for a peace of mind to have him look at it plus the hp is just a curiosity thing so I know what it’s at, I’ve knew the rest of my cars and I want to know this one too 🤦🏻‍♂️😅

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I tried him few months ago and gave up…. Been contacting him last few weeks again, so if you want him I recommend doing it soon because no doubt spring/summer time when everyone has there’s coming outta storage and wants there’s checked he will be even more busy

Drift season fills his yard with competition cars that need out/repaired/upgraded for next drift event. These cars need out by the next round so usually it’s madness to get them sorted and road cars have to take a back seat at times.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Dungannon bound in the morning ☺️
Drift season fills his yard with competition cars that need out/repaired/upgraded for next drift event. These cars need out by the next round so usually it’s madness to get them sorted and road cars have to take a back seat at times.
Yea it’s understandable but just annoying.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Picked up the liner yesterday, was ready on Thursday… was a quick turn around but was in Donegal for a long weekend and the car was snowed in anyways 😅

Fresh bill of health, service etc check over and rolling road 300.5hp at 0.7bar if I remember correctly so he was happy how it was running.

Not the fastest skyline about but with the lack of driving aids and how light they seem it’s still very quick and very fun!

Had some fun coming home after driving my wife’s 1.4 auris last few days 😬🤣