Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
It was great but can’t see me rushing back to do it over and over again lol

If I did I would like to spend more time around Fortwilliam etc you guys were defo right the west side would be defo better for nightlife and the scenery and road quality is much better!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Some craic yesterday… there’s some amazing cars about this forum 🙌🏻
16085D5A-B737-46C5-BDB9-8483FBC8CE42.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There's an indent for a Jap size plate there, think a Euro style one would look weird?

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
@ossy2004 would you not be better with a normal longer rectangular plate on the bumper instead of partially in front of the FMIC?

Yea it’s kina blocking the intercooler which was going through my head again today to be fair… maybe get the indent smoothed out and do away with the plate all together until MOT time for all the miles I do

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
At worst you could get a tilt bracket so it directs air in. But I wouldn't worry too much, it's not being starved of air or anything it'll never make any kind of noticeable difference.

The car is looking well sir.👍🏻

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same here, I'd just stick to the Jap style plate and not get any bother. The Evo has a Jap size plate space to the side at the front, but that's part of the bumper. Don't see anything like that on yours? Maybe there's some sort of bracket that would fit?

But as above, it will do no harm at all the way you have it. None. Just drive on :cool:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
when I’m driving about I get tortured by kids lol they constantly do this rotating arm movements to hint to me to do burnouts/donuts 🙈

It’s not as quick as those big v8s etc but it is 26 years old and virtually stock engine except some breathing mods and puts up a decent fight lol

Window out respray down the line and go faster parts once the kids outta Creche and bills cut down a tad

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a different game now, all about keeping these lovely cars on the road and appreciate them for what they are. Parts getting scarce too. Don't go mad with it, just enjoy it and keep on motoring :cool:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Ok think I’m gona start purchasing some go faster bits over the next while.

Buy bits here and there when have spare cash.

Car already has:

-Exhaust
-induction kit/air filter
-Upgraded clutch
-Upgraded coil packs

Running 300bhp at 0.7bar

I want to see around 400-450bhp.

I guess I need The following?

-Upgraded turbo
-Link ECU
-bigger injectors 555/750cc?
-what else?

I ideally need links where is best to buy, there’s so many different brands/specs etc and I rather someone who’s been down this path post links to exactly what I need if possible?

Am I able to keep the current stock manifold and run a upgraded low mount turbo to save money on a fancy expensive top mount style manifold?

@Eager @Smurf.

Thanks guys

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
A mate of mine has an RB in his S15 and sent the original turbo off to JDM Garage UK and got back an upgraded, stock turbo. As far as I'm aware you can choose what you want it rated for. Between standard and 400/450 bhp-ish. Would be an easy, straight swap if youre wanting to put down more ponies without draining your bank account.

What else? A walbro fuel pump if you haven't already got one? Its easy to fall down the rabbit hole though 😂

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Examples of two 555cc injectors, thought Hks is known to be a decent brand but there’s a crazy price difference! Is it simply down to the brand? Does the connections need to be considered or are they all the same?

Is 555 injectors right for what I need or go 750cc?
749D169A-FE67-4AC8-BD29-332A7479E969.png
C4347456-853F-4601-BFAD-99249B95071E.png

c_rad

RMS Regular
Fuel pump, bigger injectors, and bigger or upgraded turbo surely see you at your mark?

I'd be finding out which are the most reliable injectors and going for those regardless of price tbh. They'll be the first thing to give bother or limit power

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Decide if you want 360-380bhp. Or north of 400

No hybrid turbo that fits the stock manifold will make beyond 380bhp. It will feel awesome compared to your current setup but take it from me, someone who’s fitted 2 hybrids and one hks brand hybrid, none make north of 380.

I’ve also went all out and spent 10 grand getting my 34 to north of 500
If I was doing it again I just wouldn’t bother.

If you really want that 400-450 then it’s a completely different ball game. Your into a 6 boost manifold to top mount, your also into a external wastegate, fabrication, all sorts. And also sadly at that level your right on the cusp of needing forged pistons and rods, if it was a neo from a r34 then yes they take 500bhp all day but I wouldn’t try it in a stock unopened 33 rb25det

My advice, fit a hybrid turbo from the likes of jdm garage. Direct fit. Buy some classic shape Impreza STI injectors which are 440cc and direct fit and will supply more than enough fuel that a hybrid needs, I picked up 6 for 100 quid last time I needed them. An ecu, turbo back system, intercooler if you don’t have one, fuel pump and air filter. Tune it to 1.3 bar and enjoy it. Will produce what it produces, don’t get caught up in that figure.
But trust me in that it will do rightly and will make your current car feel like a mondeo.

Just my input from having had 4 R33’s and 2 R34’s at all levels of tune

Last edited: